Bad Weekend (kind of long)

Well guys i think my run with the pony might be coming to an end.

Yesterday morning i was driving to my boyfriends house on wet roads. i'm sure you all know our cars don't do too well with turning the wheel and having to accelerate at the same time(or at least mine doesn't). well i was forced into that situation by a redlight, started to hydroplane, over corrected(it was WAY too early to think about driving skills and i suck), did a 360* into the grass and my car had a little fight with a speed limit sign post.

Anyway, my divers side rear quater looks horrible so i'm going to try to replace it as soon as possible, but it'll be difficult because i have to pay out of pocket because my dad flipped on me about insurance since this will be my third incedent, including a hit and run.

My question first is if any of you guys are looking for a cheap project car, my engine is impecable and the damage is an easy fix if you have the time and money to go junk yard shopping.

My second question is how much it would be worth with the following damages:

scuffed up bumper, crooked right headlight due to bent fender and something broken in the engine bay that holds the lights in place, minor crack(could be easily bondoed) in the hood)...all from the first incedent

dented pass. side vent from the hit and run

now, completely F*ed up rear quarter and the sideskirt is smashed on the end so it'll need a new one of those too.

My parents are heavily suggesting that i sell it and i would rather just get a slow car now to get them off my back and maybe return to the mustang world a little later in life.

Any input would be greatly appreciated

If anyone has any spare bodyparts(for the car of course) or is interested in buying it at all the car is forrest green, tan top, tan leather int., AODE

Thanks Guys :(

• Sponsors (?)

that is sad to hear, i'm sorry about your car troubles. unfortunately, i already have my "project" car (which also happens to be my daily driver), and my wife would kill me (and then divorce me!) if i bought another one.

i'm afraid you may have some trouble selling it since it needs alot of body work.

good luck,

- chris

That sucks! I can tell you from experience that your fix will be an $$$ one. I slid my car sideways YEARS ago and hit a "DO NOT PASS" sign. I needed a new pass side door skin, mirror, rocker panel, wheel and tire, and a new lower 1/4 panel in front of the pass side tire.... grand total.... $4500 OUCH! I hope yours isn't that bad.

all i need is quarter and side skirt so i was hoping i could do a salvage yard fix...the only problem with that is that i'm in school and i work 35 hrs/wk so finding the time to go searching through salvage yards or driving to one that's high-tech enough to have it computerized is nearly impossible. i just thank god it's driveable. my car is a TANK, my alignment isn't even messed up

thats sucks. but like said before, with all the body damage, you might be better off parting it out, and selling that way.

jeez paul, why didn't you tell 5.0 Mustang that story for the article too? :rlaugh: :rlaugh: :D

i've decided to sell. this obviously is not the right point in my life for a mustang with 3 accidents since May, i'm taking it as a sign. i have no idea how much to ask so based on the damages i've described you can make an offer and i'll think it over. if you're really interested i could probably finagle some pictures to post up of the multitude of damages

Edit: To prokiller, that would be a good idea except my car is completely stock so i don't really have anything special to part out. The body damage is not that bad at all, it's completely driveable. i'm thinking i will have to replace the 1/4 panel but the rest of the damage is hardly noticable unless you're looking for it. it is by no means up to the standards of any other car on this site though that's why i'm offering it as a project in need of major TLC and a driver who knows which way to turn and what pedal to press while hydroplaning lol

i have the same exact car, green vert with mach 460, rebuilt trans, etc. etc. etc. i have just a bit of a frame bender in the front drivers side. I'm using a bit of the frame for my blue car, which is my baby, but if you want ANY parts, lemme know, i'm trying to part it out quickly and cheaply

5.0stangette said:
i've decided to sell. this obviously is not the right point in my life for a mustang with 3 accidents since May, i'm taking it as a sign. i have no idea how much to ask so based on the damages i've described you can make an offer and i'll think it over. if you're really interested i could probably finagle some pictures to post up of the multitude of damages

Edit: To prokiller, that would be a good idea except my car is completely stock so i don't really have anything special to part out. The body damage is not that bad at all, it's completely driveable. i'm thinking i will have to replace the 1/4 panel but the rest of the damage is hardly noticable unless you're looking for it. it is by no means up to the standards of any other car on this site though that's why i'm offering it as a project in need of major TLC and a driver who knows which way to turn and what pedal to press while hydroplaning lol

How many miles are on it?? me and my dad might be able to make use of it

mystang94GT-yeah good luck to all you guys out there finding another girl willing to brave this website lol, i'm sure i'll still stop by for kicks

94blue302GT-thanks for the info. as of earlier i would have been looking for parts but i'm an idiot. i was under the impression that a quarter panel was similar to a bumper in that it just bolts on...i couldn't have been more wrong, especially with the convertible so i'll either have to bite the bullet and pay for it, take peanuts for the car as is, or tell my dad to shove it and let me use the insurance

17y/ostanger-it's got 86k and change.

it runs great, i'm gonna be really sad to let it go. i feel so guilty for ruining another 94-95 they're gonna be so rare so soon so i just want someone who i know will put her back in good shape.

94Blue302GT said:
i have the same exact car, green vert with mach 460, rebuilt trans, etc. etc. etc. i have just a bit of a frame bender in the front drivers side. I'm using a bit of the frame for my blue car, which is my baby, but if you want ANY parts, lemme know, i'm trying to part it out quickly and cheaply

I need a passenger door for a vert, is it still available, also could use several other parts also, are you parting it out, cause i can also use a doner gt.

Killercanary said:
That sucks! I can tell you from experience that your fix will be an $$$ one. I slid my car sideways YEARS ago and hit a "DO NOT PASS" sign. I needed a new pass side door skin, mirror, rocker panel, wheel and tire, and a new lower 1/4 panel in front of the pass side tire.... grand total.... $4500 OUCH! I hope yours isn't that bad.
you got screwed! no doubt, 4500, you must went to the highest insurance qoute you could possibly get (an uncle or something) so could put some money in you pocket?

chrismillion said:
you got screwed! no doubt, 4500, you must went to the highest insurance qoute you could possibly get (an uncle or something) so could put some money in you pocket?

No, I wish I had though! It was right before Carlisle and I had to get the car fixed ASAP, and I took it where the insurance told me they could have it fixed the fastest. I was surprised as hell to see that bill too. The insurance only went up $50/year after that though. :shrug:

it's not salvage title, there's no frame damage whatsoever it's purely cosmetic.

The V6 swap is a good idea, if i have a really hard time selling it i might try to finance a v6 vert when i turn 18 and then just swap my engine over and scrap the body. my parents really want me in a slow, FWD car though so who knows if they'd even allow that

i went to the local ford dealership yesterday for a quote so i could ask my insurance just how much it would go up so i would have some concrete numbers to give my butthole father. the guy took one look and said "we could repair it but i can tell you right now it would look like hell" so i asked him for a quote on just repairs (if i end up having to pay out of pocket) and he said 1300 for that (basically all labor, and new paint) and then with a whole new quarter it's gonna be around 2100. not bad at all for insurance so i'm hoping the increase wouldn't be too bad if i decided to go that route. oh well...a lot of decisions ahead of me. i'll keep ya posted

mustangman33 said:
I need a passenger door for a vert, is it still available, also could use several other parts also, are you parting it out, cause i can also use a doner gt.

yup, still available, as is most of the car (cept a bunch of the motor stuff actually)
body etc. is all available!
I"m keeping the motor in case i blow up my other motor with my turbo
PM me or email me at [email protected]

5.0stangette said:
Anyway, my divers side rear quater looks horrible so i'm going to try to replace it as soon as possible, but it'll be difficult because i have to pay out of pocket because my dad flipped on me about insurance since this will be my third incedent, including a hit and run.

I know I'm bringing this thread back from the dead, but I couldn't help it..

Please tell me YOU didn't do the hit and run :(