bad wheel bearing?

• Sponsors (?)

not really your gonna get more of a growling noise from the bearing but i guess if there's no lubrication on it then it could give you that noise. lift up the side you think it is and see it the tire has an axial(up and down) play but also as you do it make sure there are no other suspension parts faulty i.e. tie rods or other s$$t.

They will howl and growl a bit. Depends on how bad it is. If its just going bad, it will make a worse noise as u turn to that side (ie if ur right one is bad then u would hear a worse noise as u make a right turn).

The front one will also make a ticking noise as u spin the wheel while the car is jacked up. The rears are more prone to just howling.

The suspected bad wheel bearing is on the front passenger side wheel. I checked for up-and-down play, but she's solid. Checked all the bolts and they're tight as well. I tried spinning the wheel as fast as I could but can't replicate the sound. Any other ideas?

EDIT

noticed that one of my control arm bushings are shot.

+1 on the brakes being bad...... If it is in deed from the front.. Sounds are hard for me personally to tell where they are coming from while driving. I usually have a buddy stand by the car in a parking lot or somthing to see if they can pin point from outside If I am unsure.

Noticed that the squeeling stops as I brake, so i'm thinking you guys are on to something. Sucks since I put on Cobra brakes about 20,000 miles ago :mad:.

Gonna check her out tomorrow morning before work if I can wake up early enough.

if it goes away when braking then it's definatly a brake issue. the squeal tabs on the pads are doing thier job. they will make a squeking noise when your pads are close to grinding so you don't mess up your rotors too. if the pads are the same thickness as the backing plate they are glued to, then they should be replaced.