BAER brake kit making noise, ideas?

mikeyd111879

Feb 18, 2004
put on BAER kit on my 96 gt, with slotted/drilled 14" rotors. everytime I apply pressure to the brakes It sounds like when i was a kid riding my bicycle with a baseball card in the spokes. any ideas how to prevent this. I dont think BAER brakes should sound this way, or is it because of the slotted rotors i have no choice?

• Sponsors (?)

i still have this problem, it sounds horrible. also noticed too that my front baer kit, the pads that also came with the kit does not fully cover contact area on rotor. the slotted/drilled area, only 1/2 of that area has contact with the pad.... Ugggg... BAER customer service sucks, any helpers! ideas?

96 GT vert.

i still have this problem, it sounds horrible. also noticed too that my front baer kit, the pads that also came with the kit does not fully cover contact area on rotor. the slotted/drilled area, only 1/2 of that area has contact with the pad.... Ugggg... BAER customer service sucks, any helpers! ideas?

96 GT vert.
The pads don't "cover" the entire height of the rotor if that is what you are implying. I'm not exactly sure what sound you are describing because my slotted rotors are quiet as can be. I'd say start off with the easiest thing that causes the majority of brake sounds- Have you tried some brake cleaner to see if your sound is being caused by excess brake dust on the rotors?