banging and shakeing around??

maxima

Oct 5, 2004
ok this might be dumb but ill ask anyway.. when i jump on it and bang second gear if i get wheel hop i get this banging.. i only hear it from 1st to second if i hit the gear really hard and wheel hop.. if i go over bumps i dont hear anything.. if i bang everyother gear no noise.. i cant tell where its coming from.. my buddy said it might be the rear seats moving up and down or the shocks compressing up and down... any info would help oh its an 04 gt just so u guys know lol i did notice today that my tailpipe is very very close to my trunk underneath the car.. like a half inch away, that might be the sound i hear if the car hops that probably would be enough to make it hit the bottem of the trunk, but it does sound like everything is shakeing and its fugged up..

• Sponsors (?)

Well if you are wheelhopping on the shift to 2nd it might be the tailpipes moving around. Put some chalk or something on the tank and go bang 2nd and then check to see if there was a strike.

Check your quads. Are they leaking or look bad? That might be why you are hopping on the shift

01KBGT said:
Loose nut behind the wheel?
bud u heard the noise? u think thats normal?? alot of people say i should evan get wheel hop in second? does it sound like a tailpipe? i think its coming from right underneath me or alittle in front of where i sit in the car..