Barry Sanders!!!!

bimmertech

May 3, 2005
merriam, ks
Alright guys it is superbowl weekend and i was watching some football highlight shows and they had a Barry Sanders clip. Just had to say that he is without doubt in my mind the greatest FOOTBALL player ever.

Who is your favorite of all time?

• Sponsors (?)

I personally wasn't that impressed with Barry Sanders. He had alot of highlight reel type plays, but he was also stuffed in the backfield alot.

I am a big Denver fan, so my bias is obvious, but I'd say John Elway, who is without a doubt the greatest QB to play modern football. Terrell Davis was also a very special running back who had his career cut way too short.

5.0_GT_kid said:
I personally wasn't that impressed with Barry Sanders. He had alot of highlight reel type plays, but he was also stuffed in the backfield alot.

very true, he does hold the league record for most negative rushing yards--over 1000. all that and he is still #3 all time rusher that arguably could be #1 by a large margin. keep in mind he never rushed behind an offensive line like Denvers. I am a Chiefs fan so i say to hell with Horseface and the gay broncos :D

bimmertech said:
keep in mind he never rushed behind an offensive line like Denvers.

Exactly. Anyone can seem to be good with a good o-line. Imagine Barry with guys that could open up holes for him....barry had to break ankles.....literally hmmm does Darren Woodson i think his name was ring any bells? :rlaugh: ....to open up holes.

Barry would have destroyed all the records if he kept playing. The local radio station had Emmit Smith on a interview...ofcourse they asked him who was the best running back. Without hesitation he said Barry Sanders. Thats what i call respect:nice:

Until there comes another guy that can move like Barry did....no one will ever be able to take that best running back title. Sure other guys have gotten rings...acheived more awards....but they had more resources than barry. Individual against individual...making plays out of nothing....no one touches barry IMO.

nmcgrawj said:
Until there comes another guy that can move like Barry did....no one will ever be able to take that best running back title.

:cheers:

i think alot of younger people did not have the privilege of watching him week in and week out. i have always been a chiefs fan, but i never missed a lions game when they were on.

the guy was really kinda freakish.

Both Rice and Sanders were my two favs. Sad story about Sanders. I also think he was the greatest. You got to look at what he did without ever having a good team. Image if he had a line like Emmitt Smith, then there would be no disput that he was the greatest ever in my opinion. It was just never meant to be.

bimmertech said:
very true, he does hold the league record for most negative rushing yards--over 1000. all that and he is still #3 all time rusher that arguably could be #1 by a large margin. keep in mind he never rushed behind an offensive line like Denvers. I am a Chiefs fan so i say to hell with Horseface and the gay broncos :D

Oh god, another Qweefs fan :notnice: Hahaha jk man!

Anyways, I don't think Sanders line was that bad year in and year out, and he actually had a somewhat decent line towards the end of his career.

And don't forget, a great O-line can make ANYONE look like a superstar. Hell, Denver made Olandis Gary look like the next Walter Payton (1,120 yards in 12 games in 1999) and then he went to Buffalo and fell off the face of the earth.

5.0_GT_kid said:
And don't forget, a great O-line can make ANYONE look like a superstar. Hell, Denver made Olandis Gary look like the next Walter Payton (1,120 yards in 12 games in 1999) and then he went to Buffalo and fell off the face of the earth.

Damn skippy...so look at those high light reels of barry in the open field....now ya seem 'em......now ya dont. I've never seen a guy stop on a dime like he did and change directions. I mean...i didnt even think your mind could think that quickly.:shrug: By the time Barry made 5 movies....i would be thinking about my first. I definately think there are people who were a better "addition" to a team then barry might have been...but just as that position and the skills he had, no one can touch him. I mean come on...thats damn near SuperMan abilities. :hail2:

BARRY WAS THE MAN!!!!!It's a damm shame he was wasted in sorry azz detroit.He did have a decent line towards the end but there was no other real threat on the team so defense's would just stack the line and pound on him.The lions had no QB and one decent receiver Herman Moore so defense's would worry about nothing but Barry and he still lit em up.That's the reason he retired for every higlight run he made he would get destroyed,I mean completely leveled three or four times.He was to much of a nice guy to demand a trade a the Lions wouldnt let him go.I think the lions still might have him under contract:nonono: Just imagine him on the Cowboy teams from the 90's.And i hate the Cowboy'S!!!!!!GO EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!

Go ask Barry's dad who the best RB ever was... He'll tell you Jim Brown. Barry didn't want to pass Jim Brown on the all-time rushing list because of his Dad. I've even heard stories that his Dad wore University of Oklahoma gear while his son was playing against them for Oklahoma State University. His father is a jackass, and really screwed Barry up in the head. Barry Sanders is still the greatest ever. Just imagine how good he could have been.
Brandon

Barry was the man, but did we all forget about Bo Jackson???? Remember the Bo and Barry show, on monday night football, I truly think both guys were playing against each other in that game. I do believe Bo would have easily had all the records for a RB.. With that being said my pick for best ever goes to 2 guys: Jerry Rice (he has all the records) and Joe Montana (how can you even argue with 4 superbowl titles, in 4 appearances, with zero int's in all of them). And yes i'm a Frisco fan. Then would be Brett Favre, (talk about a fighter), that guy has beaten all of our teams.