base timing + advance?

• Sponsors (?)

When? When you put the SPOUT chip back in, it tends to advance about 10*.

And the difference from SPOUT in base timing and total timing depends upon myriad variables and even which processor family you're talking about. In general, it's 10-40* beyond the base timing setting.

yes. i want to know what my timing will be at full throttle after setting timing with the chip out...or whatever my max advance will be

There's no way to know (unless you datalog). You should see max advance during a cruise type condition. What I think you might want to do is take a look at the WOT spark tables so you can see how much advance you get there.

There's no way to know (unless you datalog). You should see max advance during a cruise type condition. What I think you might want to do is take a look at the WOT spark tables so you can see how much advance you get there.
i dunno bout all that.... im a carb guy. haha
i guess ill cruise at 15 degrees base till i can get a tune*
what do u run base?

On the fox I've run the 15* you mentioned (on 87 octane). If it gets real hot outside, you might need to back it down.

Now if you have a 94-95 processor, you'll be lucky to run over 10* base. Those processors are hugely load-based (they can have over 40* advance beyond the SPOUT out setting). Yes, that means they can see over 50* total timing.

For a safe advance point, 12* is pretty safe for a fox on low octane. But no motor is the same so just keep an ear out for pinging.

Good luck.