Roush Bassani X-Pipe Questions?

Marcus was able to twist my arm to take the plunge but I have a few questions after my research.

The car is a 1995 S351.

I am making an educated guess that the part number is 50943 based on the year.

The questions are.......

Should I go stailess steal even if I don't drive the car in the rain at all?

What's the difference between the regular X pipe and the BX series? The website states the BX series has a more exotic tone. Has anyone heard one?

Factory Saleen exhaust and header will remain and yes I am going to re-tune.

Thanks
Bill

• Sponsors (?)

I have the regular Bassani X over the Stainless version on the SSC. Didn't want to spend the extra $Bucks. My car stays in the garage and is not driven in the rain so mine still looks new under there after two years.
It seemed to make a little more power and the sound IMO is better than the original H Pipe.
I like mine,
RandyP

I have the old one piece version of the stainless steel Bassani off-road X on my 89 and my buddy has the non-stainless version on his 91 notch. We both have Dyno-Max mufflers and my exhaust sounds a little more exotic (more raspy). His exhaut sounds slightly more hollow....not much, but definitely noticeable.

I BELIEVE the part number you want is 5895R2 (or BX5895R2)... That's what they list for a 94-95 351W car.

The 351 has a taller deck height than the 302, so you can't use the 5.0/302 version without modifying it.

I BELIEVE the part number you want is 5895R2 (or BX5895R2)... That's what they list for a 94-95 351W car.

The 351 has a taller deck height than the 302, so you can't use the 5.0/302 version without modifying it.

Well I used the 94-95 5.0 Gt Mustang Bassani X pipe on both my 94 S351R and 95 S351 with no problems. I guess you can use either the 5.0 or 351 part :shrug:

I saw that but they show that as a "shorty" mid pipe in the description. I think the assumption is that the 351W would have long tubes and I don't. Anyone else? Who knows.......

Bill

Bill!

Call Joe. He will tell you what you want. Like I said, he knows what you need. He is also hooked up with Bassani. He's a serious dealer. His FoxRod is in their sales literature! No more guessing.

Cheers.

my husband bought me the stainless one for a 94-95 gt for my car because that was the one bassani said was for the car but it hung down awfully low probably due to the setting of the engines so low in the car to get the factory hood to clear. i had him take it off and he marked the pipes about 4 inches down from the header flange on both sides and took it to a local muffler shop and had them cut and flare the pipe so one would slip into the other and took it home reinstalled it got it fitting tight up against the car and tig welded it. it looks 200 times better and i can not see it hanging down and i have alot better ground clearence than i had before.by the way it is on 95 saleen s351#21

My 95 has DFI so the throttle is response is Instantaneous like having a carb. When you blip the throttle it doesn't come down slow with the computer. I'm assuming that with the Ford computer it comes down slow like a stock Mustang? which would make it sound different.

Anyway, I got a stainless Bassani X pipe, and with the Borla's every time I let off to shift it sounded like very bad raspy worn out glass pack's. I cut it out and welded in a H-pipe and it sounded like it should. No more "Crackling" every time I shifted. It sounded so bad I couldn't believe it! It also hung too low which was fixed by modifying it.

Yea,

Or you could just plug the IAC and get that motorcycle throttle response also. There's nothing like a nice crisp throttle response. You guys that live in the nice Northwest cool climate have it good! :)

Bill, Just make sure you ordered the pipe with the cats. You won't have that raspy sound with the cats. It's a little more monet but the stainless cats will last longer.