Battery/Altenater not charging....

• Sponsors (?)

No more > < : D I $ % symbols. I'm not 100% sure what you guys are implying. :-> <_ sentences. :D

I think I know the issue. If not, see the following paragraphs for questions. Be sure the I circuit on the regulator is seeing some voltage. If this is not there, the alt has no clue that you want it to work. If you removed the stock gauge cluster (I think you were going to Guero), this circuit got hosed. I have an easy fix (costs 99 cents) if this is what has happened.

If that's not it, a couple things come to mind:

The alternator achieves ground through its bracket, and the bracket is grounded to the engine, which is grounded to the chassis.

I'd want to confirm that the charge cable is ok, its circuit protection didn't blow, the sense fuse didnt blow, the alt is getting the signal to excite and so on.

If the car cranks, we can probably assume the battery is connected decently.

The A terminal on the alt's regulator should show VERY close to the same voltage as the big stud on the back of the alt. And this should obviously be over 14.0 volts when you start the car and never drop below 12.6 volts.

Good luck.

Well My stock Cluster is still on and the only things working are the lights and the fuel level and voltage reader.. And the brake on light as the battery symbol.....I will definetly check all that out hissin....I just got of work so ill wait till tomorrow morning