Battery Relocation

vobraman

Dec 2, 2003
What is the best way to relocate my battery to the trunk ? My concern is the transfer of current. Also, to pass tech I will have to put a cutoff switch at the rear of the car. Not to crazy about drilling the hole. Any pics would be great
thanks

• Sponsors (?)

well you have to drill two holes. one for the cutoff switch, one for the battery cable. i would run 1/0 or 2/0 cable. mount the switch next to the right taillight. sorry no pics.

Depending on tech you might need one of those sealed battery boxes. I havent checked into that just yet. I plan on running an Optima battery so I dont know how the rules go on that?? You can see in the picture that my cutoff is just mounted in the rear panel. The spot about half way up on the right side roll bar is where the ground goes. The spot on the right side of the trunk is where the battery will go when I get it. I think you have to use 3/8" all thread to bolt it down?? I am going to cut a piece of 1/4" alum plate and make a bottom for it when I get time. Then strap it down thru the floor.

Ok...It will not let me upload the picture..... :bang: