battery

• Sponsors (?)

shakerhood.... I got the battery today... I probably won't be able to install it till saturday then I will go take my emissions test... that must be a good bat.. as small as it is and as much as it weighs... thanks for all the help ... I think this will solve all my starting problems... :nice:

simon

Awesome, glad you got it. Mine is about 2 years old now and it looks as good as the day I stuck it in there, my old traditional battery used to corrode all over the place, the Odyssey really kicks out the juice when you turn the key!

come on now lets play nice.... no name calling is needed... a little joke here and there is fun not ment to be mean... the price varies on those batteries anywhere from 215 -240 or so.... the cheaper ones always have a shipping cost so you don't really save that much... so you can look to spend right around 230 or so ... hope that helps :rolleyes:

Shakerhood

Shakerhood.. I installed the battery today! GREAT battery... the car has never cranked up so fast.. today it was cold as well probably in the 30's when I installed and started the car... Actually that is probably the first time in more than a year I was able to drive the car, and it still runs like a bat out of hell.. I think I will now get it through emissions and then order a Quarter horse for it and get rid of the tweecer.. I just like to be able to make changes instantly and be able to get my ecm tucked back under where it belongs... but once again thanks for turning me on to the battery it makes the car so so much more reliable :hail2:

simon

Shakerhood.. I installed the battery today! GREAT battery... the car has never cranked up so fast.. today it was cold as well probably in the 30's when I installed and started the car... Actually that is probably the first time in more than a year I was able to drive the car, and it still runs like a bat out of hell.. I think I will now get it through emissions and then order a Quarter horse for it and get rid of the tweecer.. I just like to be able to make changes instantly and be able to get my ecm tucked back under where it belongs... but once again thanks for turning me on to the battery it makes the car so so much more reliable :hail2:

simon

Awesome, glad to hear you got it in the car, my Car also never cranked like it does with the Odyssey in it. Hope you are able to get your other issues squared away now.

Hi All,

I'm looking at installing an Odyssey PC1200LMJT in my '95 Cobra R, but the Odyssey website says that I may need to modify the hold-down. Dear Mr. Shakerhood, did you have any installation problems putting this battery in your car? Is yours a '94/'95? Does the Odyssey have the bottom hold-down lip, or did you have to use an over-the-top style hold-down? I know this is a pretty old thread, so I'm hoping to get a reply. I appreciate any help with this I can get.

Thanks, Perry

Reactions: 1 user
Those odyssey batteries are awesome, I'm sure you will be happy. Back in my SPL Comp days, I had four of their AGM batteries wired in parallel to help maintain system voltage. They out performed the 6 red top optima batteries that I had prior.

Those odyssey batteries are awesome, I'm sure you will be happy. Back in my SPL Comp days, I had four of their AGM batteries wired in parallel to help maintain system voltage. They out performed the 6 red top optima batteries that I had prior.
Thanks Hoytster. I agree that they are great batteries, that's why I'm considering one. As I stated in my original post, my question is related to the hold-down. I'm hoping someone with an SN-95 can comment on what they had to do to get the hold-down to work. I did leave a message with the support person at Odyssey to try to find out what they mean by "modification may be necessary". I will post what I find out.

CobraRGuy

Hi All,

I'm looking at installing an Odyssey PC1200LMJT in my '95 Cobra R, but the Odyssey website says that I may need to modify the hold-down. Dear Mr. Shakerhood, did you have any installation problems putting this battery in your car? Is yours a '94/'95? Does the Odyssey have the bottom hold-down lip, or did you have to use an over-the-top style hold-down? I know this is a pretty old thread, so I'm hoping to get a reply. I appreciate any help with this I can get.

Thanks, Perry
I have a 92 GT so I am not sure if your battery tray is different, I purchased a hold down strap from Odyssey and I had to use a dremel to cut a small section off the stock hold down puck. The Odyssey Battery is still going strong in my car and it has to be close to 10 years old now.

I have a 92 GT so I am not sure if your battery tray is different, I purchased a hold down strap from Odyssey and I had to use a dremel to cut a small section off the stock hold down puck. The Odyssey Battery is still going strong in my car and it has to be close to 10 years old now.
Hi Shakerhood. Thanks for your reply. I appreciate the detailed information. I'm still waiting to hear back from Odyssey on this. I'll post whatever I find out.
Perry