BBK 4.6 2V intake set for production

Just read through the March issue of 5.0 mustangs & FF. There's an article titled "early warning" about new BBK performance parts(page 130-137).

BBK says that they will release an all aluminum 4.6L intake, similar to their newest 5.0L intake in the summer of '04. The preliminary price is set at $599.

Don't know if this is old news or not, but I think that it's great to see another intake that will compete with the Fox Lake P-51, at 1/2 the price :nice:

Hopefully this will mean more affordable intakes in the near future

• Sponsors (?)

damn it,why does BBK have to do it. I hate BBK products. I hope its a higher quality than other BBK products I have dealt with.

600 dollars doenst seem too bad, lets just pray it actually performs.

damn it,why does BBK have to do it. I hate BBK products. I hope its a higher quality than other BBK products I have dealt with.

Yea, they are not my first choice either...But if BBK manages to produce an intake that rivals the Fox Lake for 1/2 the cost, you will have to believe that other companies will follow suit and make more affordable intakes

Pwr_by_FORD said:
Yea, they are not my first choice either...But if BBK manages to produce an intake that rivals the Fox Lake for 1/2 the cost, you will have to believe that other companies will follow suit and make more affordable intakes
definitely. is there any truth to the rumor that C&L is working on one as well? :shrug:

Originally posted by 97Predator
definitely. is there any truth to the rumor that C&L is working on one as well?

All I have heard are rumors too :shrug:

Originally posted by CatmanJJ
Wasn't the P-51 price so high partially because it included other necessary hardware like new fuel rails and such?

The $1299 kit comes with fuel rails, gaskets and hardware.The bare Manifold is still $999. I don't know who would but just the manifold without the proper fuel rails and hardware???

sounds good to me, ill pick one up when i see it hit shelves and when i hear some more about it, including dyno graphs, match that with the accufab TB and plenum and ur talking probably a good 15-20 hp, is there articles about this online anywhere? im interested to see the design and if its gunna be a composite plastic material or some kind of metal

As long as it looks better then the P-51. I personally like the look of the stock piece better.

I know the P-51 adds like 30hp but the looks suck. For $1000+ on an intake I want it too look like $1000. You know what I mean?

WOT said:
As long as it looks better then the P-51. I personally like the look of the stock piece better.

I know the P-51 adds like 30hp but the looks suck. For $1000+ on an intake I want it too look like $1000. You know what I mean?

who cares about looks. you race with the hood down.

god, if this is true, (PLEASE BE TRUE!!!) this'll change things, big time. Fox lake will have to get realistic on their pricing if they want to make their investment back. Man, if there is an affordable intake for us, this means all our other mods will start working that much better as well. TB's, CAI's, exhaust, nitrous puddling will be reduced....please be true!!