BBK equal length shorties

Sleepy1

Founding Member
Jun 10, 2002
Chicago, IL
Did anyone order these yet? I think I'm going to order some tommorow with the ceramic coating if they are in stock? I like the idea of not having to customize my x-pipe if buying long tubes. And BTW my buddy who helped me put my clutch in told me that he would kick me in the nuts if I got long tubes. :owned:

• Sponsors (?)

what year car do you have and there was a post a couple days ago on it and they say that you get like 5-7 hp?? i dont know how true it is I dont have them but I was thinking about getting them too

The short tube headers are new and they look great. You can tell they spent some time in the design and fit. Gains are pretty good and installation is easier than LTs.

I'm not really worried about the installation, even if they were longtubes. I've done harder jobs, you just have to have the patience. I want them because I can't justify cutting my almost $400 mid pipe and also have more worries about scraping the exhaust because long tubes sit pretty low. :bang:

I'd like to see the real world numbers too, but they are relatively new to the market so I think it will take awhile before some does a comparison, side-by-side. I mean who has the ability to put on two sets of headers in one day and make dynos runs :shrug: BTW how long did we wait for the upper intake plenum comparison?

I've heard that the mid-lengths still sit very close to the starter, and might cause problems if you every have to pull the trans, but the shorties should fit with no problems whatsoever for you HammerGT.

clarkjr said:
True Sleepy1, the shorties will have an advantage in ground clearance.
I think the ground clearance issue is the same either way....
My car never ever scraped when it was at stock height, with my stock exhaust or with my bassani o/x... then the steeda sports went on and I scraped everywhere, I got BBK longtubes on there now with a BBK O/X, and it does'nt seem to scrape any more than it did with just the bassani x ....

But thats just my experience so far, and I am usually pretty carefull with my approch*sp* angles though...

I'd like to see a comparison with all three types of bbk's headers though...
As far as #'s go :)

I'm interested in seeing how much power the BBKs produce as well. I've got JBAs and have seen a bunch of dynos showing 8-10 rwhp gains with them. The BBKs were suppossed to be out back in January, and I have yet to hear of anyone getting them yet. They sound promising....

The BBKs were suppossed to be out back in January, and I have yet to hear of anyone getting them yet. They sound promising....

They are available now.... we have quite a few sets of them here. They are very nicely made - you can tell BBK went through some effort to tune the tubes.

Well after I install them, I am going to get a custom dyno tune done. I have been having some problems with the check engine light (no it's not O2 sensor related) and the last two times I got dynoed my car was running really rich. I would like to have piece of mind knowing that the car is set up to run properly.