BBK X-O/R Mistake?

• Sponsors (?)

Xpipe

Dude, it's not just BBK, putting an offroad X pipe of any brand with flows or other chambered muffler will always end up with that cheap, trailerpark hick sound.

I had Mac flowpaths on my 99GT and bought a VRS offroad X. Man, that sounded like total ass. It was like a wannabe nascar or something. I took it off the next morning and sold it for like $50.

What you need is a prochamber or Hpipe and it will be much better.

Dude, it's not just BBK, putting an offroad X pipe of any brand with flows or other chambered muffler will always end up with that cheap, trailerpark hick sound.

I had Mac flowpaths on my 99GT and bought a VRS offroad X. Man, that sounded like total ass. It was like a wannabe nascar or something. I took it off the next morning and sold it for like $50.

What you need is a prochamber or Hpipe and it will be much better.

Yeah, that was the train of thought I had also. Then I hear some of these peeps saying they went from the the stamp style X to the true X style and it made a big difference. I'm thinking of going with an O/R H instead because I know it will completely solve my problem. If I go with another X like UPR it will be a gamble if I like it or not. The pro chamber is more cash than I would like to spend.

worth it

I strongly suggest the Prochamber. It is the best way to preserve some "substance" to your exhaust note without cats. The offroad H will definately sound better than an offorad X with the flows, but the Prochamber will give it alittle more "meaty" sound. IMHO any offroad pipe besides the Prochamber will give your exhaust a slight glasspack sound.

They are worth the price!

Best of luck to you whatever you pick will be 100X tougher sounding than that X. :D

What we got here, is failure to duplicate.
You are trying to get your 4.6 to sound like your 5.0. Ain't gonna happen. Those are two totally different animals. Of course a Hpipe or Prochamber will give your 4.6 a rumble that's similar to the ol pushrod, but it can't duplicate the sound.
I have an 89GT with Mac LTs and Prochamber, and I have an 02 with UPR O/R X and Flowmasters. If you took my 5.0 exhaust and put it on my 02, my 02 wouldn't sound the same as my 5.0

The Hpipe compliments the 5.0 and the Xpipe compliments the 4.6. The combo I have with the O/R UPR Xpipe makes my exhaust loud, but the Flowmasters kind of deepens the sound and makes it rumble before it exits the pipes. Trust me, I get compliments and looks like you wouldn't believe.
Now if you want obnoxious, then go with an O/R X with a SLP Loudmouth...:nonono:

UPR O/R Xpipe ($139 brand new,excellent quality and fit) + 2chambered Flowmasters...:nice: :hail2:

didnt read anything other than bbkx and stock cb/. most xpipes sound like crap unless you go with a straight through muffler. i love bbkx and magnaflows. had that on my vert

by straight through muffler are you refferring to say a loudmouth catback. Thats what i have on mine. As well as the powerflo xpipe from Slp although i wanna add Longtubes and was thinking about getting MAC longtubes and a o/r xpipe. Any thoughts on how this would sound? or what xpipe brand to grab?

What we got here, is failure to duplicate.
You are trying to get your 4.6 to sound like your 5.0. Ain't gonna happen. Those are two totally different animals. Of course a Hpipe or Prochamber will give your 4.6 a rumble that's similar to the ol pushrod, but it can't duplicate the sound.
I have an 89GT with Mac LTs and Prochamber, and I have an 02 with UPR O/R X and Flowmasters. If you took my 5.0 exhaust and put it on my 02, my 02 wouldn't sound the same as my 5.0

The Hpipe compliments the 5.0 and the Xpipe compliments the 4.6. The combo I have with the O/R UPR Xpipe makes my exhaust loud, but the Flowmasters kind of deepens the sound and makes it rumble before it exits the pipes. Trust me, I get compliments and looks like you wouldn't believe.
Now if you want obnoxious, then go with an O/R X with a SLP Loudmouth...:nonono:

UPR O/R Xpipe ($139 brand new,excellent quality and fit) + 2chambered Flowmasters...:nice: :hail2:

Yeah, I kind of figured that out after I put it on the 02, lol. Thats awesome that you have the same year and same setup I'm getting AND you love it. I am definitely going with the UPR X and keeping my Flows on th back. I will be installing in a few weeks. Thanks man!!

Installed MAC O/R H Pipe

Well, I played it safe and went with the MAC O/R H Pipe instead of another X such as the UPR. Completely got rid of the crap sounding, tin can rattling echo of the BBK X. Finally, it sounds good:). I did get sound clips of each setup, now it's just a matter of getting them from the camcorder to the PC.

i have a UPR Off Road X and it sounds pretty good to me other than the fact that i dont really care much for the dynomax ultraflow welded mufflers. they are just a little too high piched for me but i still think it sounds better than an x-pipe with flows. i put on on a buddy's car for him and it sounds cheap to me. im not sure what cat back i want next maybe a bassani or something.