BBK X w/cats

Zippeh

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2002
North New Jersey
alright, so for Christmas me and my father decided to split the cost on a full exhaust system for my 98 cobra. we originally had listed the following :

BBk LT headers, bassani shorty X, and magnapack catback

well, he opted to go to the speedshop and order the parts, but when he got there the owner bruce convinced him that A) longtubes are a waste of time and money B) bassani was crap, and to get the BBk X w/cats and C) flowmaster force II is best for a mustang

sooo... come today thats the parts i have in my basement instead of what we originally decided on.. for starters the flows dont even fit my car so they have to be returned, but the BBk X would fit.

so the question i have is... anyone have the bbk X w/cats? I looked at the stangnet review page and i see a lot of people complaining about alignment and saying it sounds like "a tin can with rocks in it"

he also convinced my father that full exhaust doesnt net more then 5rwhp, so if anyone had dyno results for me to tell my father, that input would be greatly appreciated

• Sponsors (?)

Zippeh said:
...he also convinced my father that full exhaust doesnt net more then 5rwhp, so if anyone had dyno results for me to tell my father, that input would be greatly appreciated...

Bwhahah! :rlaugh: Bruce is full of it!
A full exhaust is capable of producing well over 5rwhp!! And what's this about longtubes? L/Ts free up plenty of power, even if they are a PITA to install (as are any headers on these cobras).
Bassani's X pipes are a good product too, but I think the jury is still out on their cats (most people still shy away from their cats because of the problems they used to have with them a couple of years ago).
And finally, Bruce claims that Flowmaster is "best?" LOL Generally speaking, it's been shown that a straight through muffler (Magnaflow/Pack, Dynomax, Bassani, etc) will yield more rwhp than a chambered style muffler (Flowmaster). Remember, the way an exhaust sounds to one person might sound different to another - it's always subjective! Go with what YOU like! It sounds like you wanted the Magnapacks, so don't settle for a different exhaust sound/tone...

This Bruce guy sounds like a tool, no offense!

I can't comment on the BBK X pipe (if fitment is an issue, I'd be wary!), but if I were in your shoes, I would try to purchase the parts which you wanted in the first place, considering you went half and half on this. Best of luck...and if you need dyno proven exhaust gains, just look at my sig (love those straight through Magnaflows!).

:cheers: