Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
Heres a before and after pic of the eibach pro kit
Before
P1020448.jpg

After
P1050002.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Thats the springs im probably going with. Did you install them? If so, were they a PITA ???

Did you measure the stock heigth, and se how much it actually dropped it?

Sorry for all the questions, but since you just id it, i thought it might be fresh in your head.

Looks 10x better! :nice:

Thats the springs im probably going with. Did you install them? If so, were they a PITA ???

Did you measure the stock heigth, and se how much it actually dropped it?

Sorry for all the questions, but since you just id it, i thought it might be fresh in your head.

Looks 10x better! :nice:

Thanks, I think so too. I wish I would've done it a long time ago.

But, it is a huge PITA. The rears are easy, only take about 20-30 mins per side...the fronts are the pain. I spent close to if not just over a grand doing the swap. That was after I bought the correct ford compressor, MM camber/caster plates, two other cheapo compressors from parts stores, and had it aligned. After having tried all the compressors available, you can get by with an internal spring compressor from autozone or somewhere but the ford compressor feels a little safer and is a little bit easier. You pretty much have to unbolt the control arm from the k-member, I just dont see any other way of doing it safely. I honestly do not ever want to swap springs in a fox again but Im glad its done.

I did measure the height and the initial drop was about an inch, but it seems to have settled some already. It handles soooo much better. The konis seem to work extremely well with the springs. No bottoming out as of yet and the ride is just as smooth if not smoother than before. No speaks or anything so I'm pretty happy in that regard. Let me know if you have anymore questions, ill be glad to help if I can.

P1030491.jpg

Thanks for the info, i really appreciate it... Im noticing a few minor differences in mine which might help or make it worse... i have aftermarket LCA's, boxed uppers, and have ditched the quad shocks.

But either way, i appreciate the response man!

Thanks for the compliments, I painted them myself. I can't really remember what paint but it came from advanced autoyou . Im pretty sure it was duplicolor. If you strip the paint off of the lip of pony wheels you will find the lip is machined, so no polishing is required to make it shiny. Unfortunatly the paint hasnt held up as well as I would of liked. 2 years later they need to be repainted. Gravel has put quite a few chips in them and the clear is starting to flake off the lips. Heres some pics from when I first painted them

Actually there should be some on my cardomain page in my sig if you want to check them out. Probably the last page or so