Best 347 Stroker Kit

65shelby

Aug 26, 2003
I am planning to add a 347 stroker kit to my 289 during the rebuild process. I would appreciate recommendations of high quality kits and any problems you may have encountered with the kit.
Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I was gonna say the same thing Fostang, DSS racing or Coast High Performance, both have seemed to be made of excellent quality. I know that Eagle also makes a kit, and Ford sells a 347 crate if you wanna go that route, but then, so do DSS and CHP. :)

THe Swede

65shelby said:
I am planning to add a 347 stroker kit to my 289 during the rebuild process. I would appreciate recommendations of high quality kits and any problems you may have encountered with the kit.
Thanks

Just don't use Speedomotive. I will be happy to relate my well documented experience with those jokers via PM if you are interested

I had CHP do a little less than a shortblock. I am more than happy with my purchase. I received excellent customer service both before and after my purchase. The motor has close to 15k on it with no problems. At 10+k i put down 338.9 rwhp and 335.5 rwtq with out of the box heads and out of the box carb. Motor still has more in it.

has anyone ever delt with central coast mustangs. I am very interested in their shortblocks. Seems to be solid quality for right at 2k. They build a 342 (new block, NOT 30 OVER). They use the probe pistons. Seems like a good starting point for building 340+ at the rear. Don't want to run boost or juice (well maybe a 100 shot in the future).

anyone delt with these guys. I have friends who have had very positive experiences with them.

I purchased my 347 stroker kit from my machinest.
For $950 I got SRP forged pistons, Eagle 3.4 crank and Eagle 5.4" I-beam rods.
Kit also included rings and bearings.

Pretty good bang for the buck IMHO.

I really don't recomend using a new block unless you know you won't be abusing it for at least 30k miles.

On that note I know someone that is selling a 342 short block with pump and 1/2 inch girdle. He's asking 2k for it but will probably let it go cheaper.

forging increases the cost about $500 for the assembly but it's money well worth it.