BEST AND/OR WORST CAR YOU EVER OWNED

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
corral is doing this and they came up with some pretty interesting stuff, so why not over here aye.

i guess i'll go first, even though all i've owned is foxes and a f-body

BEST: my 93 gt, been through two teenage owners before me, not to mention having almost 140,000 on it and still never had A SINGLE OIL LEAK! not even as much as a rear main seal, it was bone-ass dry under there (quite the feat considering it also sat for 8 months before i bought it)

WORST: my 85 twister II gt, the thing was run off of just the full legnth headers the entire time i owned it lol (almost 6 months). sounded mean, but it'd die when i turned left, the car would cut out when i nailed it, not to mention no working heater either (lol that was one cccccooooolllllllddddddd colorado winter). sure, i could blame it on my lack of carb tuning knowlege, or simple electrical systems, but that wouldn't be any fun.

• Sponsors (?)

Best car is the one that I have. No leaks, doesn't burn much oil, doesn't smoke. Car has no surface rust on the body and only has very minor surface rust on the underside, which I still need to undercoat. Interior is in great shape. Car is just in overall good shape.

Worst car was my previous '88 GT. It was just a huge chunk of ****. I bought it when I just turned 17 and only because I REALLY wanted a 5.0 and it was only $1000. It did get me around, but it was really beat up and was nothing to brag about. lol

oh man, where to begin....
worst car 88 chrysler lebaron convertible. christ what a piece of crap that was.
best car, dont flame me for this, 00 Z28.
I havnt had the mustang for more than a month, so I am still trying to get a feel for it. great car so far.

Best: 2000 Honda Civic
Not the 1st problem whatsoever- chastize me- I don't answer to you :D

Worst: 1995 Firebird Formula LT1
GO FIGURE IT WAS AN LT1!!!! Let's just say the distributor block blew at 79,000 miles and in turn blew EVERY sensor underneath the hood :fuss: POS!!!!!!

best 1999 civic si- tuned at 65000 by a honda speciialist and ran like brand new again. very smooth car. very car that doesn't last long in hawaii

worst- 1999 dodge dakota 4 cyl. thing wouldn't get out of its own way let alone get down the freeway. the worst gas mileage ever.

Best is the 89. Never been stuck, stranded or let down by the car. Even in mud and snow with a little help it got out...

Worst, might be a tie. My Jeep Grand Cherokee LTD had every electrical gremlin ever and puked a tranny on me. My 4cyl 93 hatch killed a clutch, clutch cable, brakes went, and now it stinks like gas.

Worst car owned: '84 Mercury Marquis (back in the day)

Best car owned: '88 Volvo 740GLE (ran forever in desert heat or freezing cold, strong as Chuck Norris - no door dings, other cars' doors just bounced off). Hopefully my new '06 Stang will become by Best Car Owned!!!

Best truck owned: '99 Mercedes ML430 - V8 with 3 spark plugs per cylinder & AWD with traction control (like a tank and sports car morphed into one); kind of a painintheass to work on but an awesome truck anyway.

best is my 89 tempo. i have put a grand toatal of like $60 into since i bought it 2 years ago ad it still goes strong. don't really have a worst car cause i have only owned the tempo and mustang

Worst: my 1987 Chevy Sprint. It had a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder engine in it. And it was poopy colored gold paint. After I rebuilt the engine and cut the exhaust off and replaced it with a cherry bomb it was ok though, even somewhat capable off-roading. I sold it to a cop for $250 after investing a lot of time and $$ into it, not a good move looking back

Best: The 'stang of course, especially after H/C/I. But I also had a '96 F150 4x4 and a '95 Nissan 200SX SER that I regret selling

Best=mustang

Worst= 1993 Buick, Been through hell and back, 5+ accidents, none by me, took it offroading, strapped a 14' john boat to the top, made some nice scratches, locked keys in the trunk while fishing once, tore out part of the backseat to climb through and retrieve said keys, ran into a protruding man hole while offroading took out my a/c condenser(Yay no a/c in ATL), my friend ripped out the ant. so i have no radio signal unless at the top of a mtn., jerks hard into second gear from doing neutral bomb shifts, slid into a tree while drifting a front wheel drive car lol, a nice lil dent and a bunch of scratches( it was raining and i was baked), I have gone through more hubcaps than a junkyard... the list goes on and on.

grey5.0beast said:
Best=mustang

Worst= 1993 Buick, Been through hell and back, 5+ accidents, none by me, took it offroading, strapped a 14' john boat to the top, made some nice scratches, locked keys in the trunk while fishing once, tore out part of the backseat to climb through and retrieve said keys, ran into a protruding man hole while offroading took out my a/c condenser(Yay no a/c in ATL), my friend ripped out the ant. so i have no radio signal unless at the top of a mtn., jerks hard into second gear from doing neutral bomb shifts, slid into a tree while drifting a front wheel drive car lol, a nice lil dent and a bunch of scratches( it was raining and i was baked), I have gone through more hubcaps than a junkyard... the list goes on and on.

hey if you put the buick through all that and it still kept going then I would put it up on the best list.

lol, but it always breaks down on me, doesn't have a/c, windows only roll down sometimes so its like a greenhouse, the int. is BLUE, the dash is in peices, the glove box doen't close, there is a zip tie thing holding in my headlight, i shot the rear brake light with a bb gun so there is a hole in it and it fills with water lol, the carpet is brown from all the muddin and stuff, like i said the list goes on and on lol

Plus it gets like 15 mpg, driving easy, the only reason i don't DD the stang is cuz i want it to stay nice.

best..........My old 1985 ford ranger. 302 V8 edelbrock heads intake and carb with some Ford V8 valve covers with a 4 speed C4.........man was it fast when it would hook up. paid 400 for it right after the guy swapped the v8and c4 manual tranny in it. had a nice radio, seats, and was in primer grey. we sanded it and painted it in a metallic black then put some nice wheels on it and looked really good. then sold it for $4,900. if we get a scanner i will scan some pictures for you to see.

mom made me sell it :mad: . to much power for the lil pickup. but it was a hell of a sleeper. :nice:

worst would probably be........... its between the 76 cobra and the 88 bronco both never ran and just sat there but i liked the cobra more. so i would say the bronco was the worst. still have the cobra

never will sell the cobra :D unless dad decides to sell it. He still owns it till im 18. i like it to much. and how many 74-78 mustangs you see on the road. :hail2:

anybody else ever had a v8 in a ranger? :shrug:

if so then :nice:

edit: spelling

I had an 83 ranger. It was given to me along with a 393 stroker and c4 tranny that I had planned to put in , but my dad didn't let me habe the motor!!!?!?!?!? WTF it was free, it had just been rebuilt. I sold the truck for 500 bucks, big mistake, it had a/c lol

grey5.0beast said:
I had an 83 ranger. It was given to me along with a 393 stroker and c4 tranny that I had planned to put in , but my dad didn't let me habe the motor!!!?!?!?!? WTF it was free, it had just been rebuilt. I sold the truck for 500 bucks, big mistake, it had a/c lol

a/c lol. my mustang dont have a/c. well it dose but it wont work:mad:

keeps blowing fuses when i turn it on. :shrug: electrical i hate it :mad:

rangers are the bomb for small truck to put a v8 in along with a s10 but that's if your a Chevy guy :notnice:

if i can ever get another v8 ranger i will in a heart beat i miss it :(

it was named the Black Beauty

grey5.0beast said:

parents put a big bind in any plan a kid has when its "put the biggest motor you can fit in the engine bay in a car" :bs:

i wish i could ground them :rlaugh: