best clutch cable kit?

saleener94

Apr 24, 2006
Compton,CA
I'm just curious as to what clutch cable kit you guys recommend. adjustable or non-adjustable, steeda,BBK, or what else. I'm gathering up my parts for a auto to 5-speed swap.I need reliability because i heard that some break or are weak. thanx

• Sponsors (?)

Maximum motorsports has the right lenght OEM for cable to work with their firewall adjuster...do not get ANYTHING but the MM piece or you will fry the other ones within a few thousand miles or so trust me i have gone through countless aftermarket cables (ALL BRANDS)

I do agree with everyone else. However I will say I bought my car with an adjustable cable 4-5 yrs ago ( dont know what brand) and its still going strong. However when /if it does snap I will replace it with a MM one.

I have a ford oem cable with UPR crap. I call it crap since I've already snapped 2 cable that 1 was in use 1 yr and 2 days of just street driving (some spirited). The ford set up lasted 126,000 miles switched to upr fwa/quad and it snapped it less the 5 months . I have a Fiore quad and I'm thinking of using a steeda fwa with and new ford cable.