Best DR for 4.30 gears?

• Sponsors (?)

If you want to trap that kind of rpm you could most likely use the 26" tire. Is this an auto or a stick car?

How fast do you think it wil go this will also effect it?

For instance we use a 26" tire with a 4:56 gear and shift at 7900, trap over 7000 at 127mph.

Id say 26". You have a lot of RPM to play with there. My dads car runs out of steam right over 6000 and he runs a 26" tire with a 4.30 gear! Also the shorter tire will fit no problem, the taller might be tight, or might require some work to get it in there!

mattsstang87 said:
It is a stick, and I plan on shifting at 7200-7500rpm. How fast???? Check my site to see the mods.

Looks like you got some power there,might even need a 28" tire,if it was an auto I would say you would have to run the 28".

Do you run the nitrous all the time at the track?

The taller tires will have a better roll-out and should pick up your 60ft more on the nitrous.

bluevenom867 said:
Looks like you got some power there,might even need a 28" tire,if it was an auto I would say you would have to run the 28".

Do you run the nitrous all the time at the track?

The taller tires will have a better roll-out and should pick up your 60ft more on the nitrous.

Have yet to run the nitrous or the new engine at the track. If the 28s would fit and look okay, I might go with them.