best exhaust set-up!!!

• Sponsors (?)

rio95 said:
i don't know if i like the fact that it is considered nonexistent at low rpm's. i want to be able to hear it.

i don't understand why everyone wants their exhaust really quiet until WOT. i would almost like it the other way around. i like something that can be heard cruising down the road, but won't get cops chasing ya from 5 miles away when you floor it.

Well....then your decision should be easy....go with Flowmasters. I had two chambers on mine but then switched to Bassani. They sounded nice but resonated way too bad inside the car. I didn't have tailpipes so it didn't help. Flowmasters are loud while you're just cruising. They faded out after about 2500 rpms on mine, but then again, I had the stock H-Pipe.

RIO5.0 said:
95tealGT...Thats the exhaust i run...Only i have the Sportsmans, the Pro-Streets are the louder of the 2....mines got a nice "crisp/ballsy" sound to it...It by no means screams at WOT....which is what i didn't want...I don't need the publicity... :D

Jadefalcon??? on the 5.0 tech side has the set-up you thinking of...He has sound to...Its sick sounding for sure... :nice: Drop him a PM...You'll like it..

heres the video I think your talking about

http://home.comcast.net/~cjshull/CJStangRun.mov

that's 1-3/4" LT MAC headers to a 3" Spintech (Dr. Gas) X-pipe, and 3" Spintech pro-streets...

Rio, i totally agree with you. I want someone to hear me at a stoplight and feel threatened. However, when I make my daily commute to school everyday upto Daytona, over 25miles, I don't want to have a headache when I get there. So yes, loud at idel and up to 2500, but then quieter after. I have a good friend who has a setup that I absolutly LOVE. I know that everyone says this is common, but I don't see how. The sound that they describe, and the sound that I hear, and TOTALLY different. He has a metal, tinny sound that I could go to sleep to. It sounds so bad, like it can whoop any ricer anywhere and anytime! Very :nice:

Quote from rio95 "i don't know if i like the fact that it is considered nonexistent at low rpm's. i want to be able to hear it.

i don't understand why everyone wants their exhaust really quiet until WOT. i would almost like it the other way around. i like something that can be heard cruising down the road, but won't get cops chasing ya from 5 miles away when you floor it."

Usually the first thing you do when you see a cop is let off and cruise. If its quiet enough they won't pay any attention. My exhaust is pretty good at that. :nice:

It's in the sig. And I am definately the only one in my area that runs this set up. Most of the stangs here run the ever popular flowmasters. My car is very loud. Especially at WOT. Mine droans a little at cruising speeds only because their dumped. I plan on putting the tails back on soon. I see that more guys are running spintechs here on the net. Good to see. :flag:

keith stang,

you have the set-up i was going to get. i am still considering it. i'm thinking about getting a prochamber too. i think that would also sound good. so how exactly would you describe your exhaust??? how is the idle???? it is hard to beat the idle of a flowmaster. i don't want to be dissapointed when i change my exhaust though.

sn95stangman,

i almost bought svo side exhaust, but i thought it would be too quiet, so i decided against it. i think it sound awesome, just not loud enough. borla turbos are one one of the quietest mufflers on the market.

i am deciding between 4 options right now.

1. keep my 3 chamber cat-back and just get longtubes and a bbk o/r h-pipe, which will sound pretty much the same as what i have now.

2. longtubes, prochmber, and prostreets.

3. longtubes, dr. gas, and prostreets.

4. longtubes, dr. gas, and bassani street comp. mufflers

what do you guys think??? which would you rather have???

that will sound pretty much the same as my set-up now. it should sound pretty good.

p.s. (for anyone who cares) i heard my exact set-up today except with 2 chambers and i can tell ya that two chambers aren't really much louder that 3 chambers. 3 chambers have a much more defined sound. if i told someone that i have flowmasters, they would probably assume that they are two chambers and wonder why they sound better than everyone else with two chambers. Granted, two chambers still sound awesome too, but i just wanted to let everyone know that 3 chamber are quite a bit louder than you would think.