best place to get a clutch

Riceforlunch

Founding Member
Apr 18, 2002
SC
throwout bearing is going out on my 00 v6 so im gonna need disk, pressure plate, throwout bearing and possable slave cylinder weres the best place to find these parts............thanks

• Sponsors (?)

yes a slave cyliner is for a hydralic clutch, you dont need one of those, as far as buying a new clutch, i just got mine from the local parts store ran me like 160$ or something. Been working fine except that damn throwout bearing, im about to drop the tranny and just replace that because its just so grossssss sounding

88GTMustang said:
yes a slave cyliner is for a hydralic clutch, you dont need one of those, as far as buying a new clutch, i just got mine from the local parts store ran me like 160$ or something. Been working fine except that damn throwout bearing, im about to drop the tranny and just replace that because its just so grossssss sounding

I have the same flippin problem. I replaced the clutch/pressure plate and TOB last summer and it started to F'ing squeel a couple weeks after replacing it, I'm about to go grab another and just replace it. :mad:

GREENBIOCH said:
I have the same flippin problem. I replaced the clutch/pressure plate and TOB last summer and it started to F'ing squeel a couple weeks after replacing it, I'm about to go grab another and just replace it. :mad:
yup it sucks man, i dunno why? maybe i was too hard on it when it first got put in? ya think? maybe they have to break in or somethin? Or maybe there is a better bearing i can get, let me know what u are gonna buy

I have heard there is different types of bearings and I read one thread where someone was talking brands...but **** if I wasn't paying attention. I may just go back to the local speed shop and buy a bearing of X brand of whatever they got and hope to hell it works out better. I wasn't hard on my clutch at all when I first put it in...not for the first while :D

I may try some spray on grease first to see how long that will last, spray it through the clutch cable trap on the tranny(or whatever you call that, dust shield??). But if its anything like my doors it'll be squeeking by the next day. :bang:

I'm so ready to trade up to a Cobra.