Better Photos - '66 Mineral Grey Shelby Clone

• Sponsors (?)

Is that the ford paint color "mineral grey"? It looks lighter than the 99-03s I see, but it is hard to tell just from photos. I have been wanting that color combo on mine since about 1992, I'm afraid to do it now due to Eleanwhore and all that though. Damn it looks good though!

golf4283 said:
mmm that looks so nice. Great work on the body panels if you did it. They mate up perfectly. Sweet lines :)

So if I may inquire, what did that set ya back? Trying to decide how best to handle a repaint myself this year.

I helped with the alignment, but the body shop did most of the work. The fiberglass panels were alot of work. The job cost 4K total - all the work (I did all of the stripping).

Minda .....

where are ya located? What shop did you have do the work? I am in Cumberland Virginia just the other side of Goochland. i have a 68 coupe that i need primed and painted, i am in the middle of a hugh resto mod. Would love to get together one day and ride a round, we have a bunch of mustang where i live and we are all good friends.

Car looks great!! can't wait to see it all done!

Good Job :nice:

5-oh stang said:
Minda .....

where are ya located? What shop did you have do the work?
QUOTE]

I am located on the West end of Richmond (in Hanover County). The body work/paint on my car was done at Goochland Auto.

The welding (cowl repair, battery apron, quarter windows and tail light panel) was done by Jack Sharp in Louisa. He is a great welder and I have seen him do excellent rust repair on cars that I considered too rusty to fix, and they look like factory welds when he is done (thankfully mine didn't need panel repair). Check out the photos of my cowl repair. My cowl was rusty due to moisture under the seam sealer, and he patched the cowl with pieces cut from a totaled car. His repair came out flawless.

Myfirst67 said:
Thought id bring this thread back to life and ask if you have any updated pics :nice:

Nope, not much progress. I am awaiting the return of my rack after modifying it for headers. I plan on installing the wiring in the next 2 weeks as well.

Taking my time due to shoulder surgery and instability at work.....afraid to spend the cash right now.

Fiberglass hood

rebel65 said:
how much work was the hood? what did you have to do to get it aligned right? i am thinking of getting a new hood, front apron and a new paint job after this summer...

I bought the hood from the Mustang Ranch. Dimensionally, it was a great fit. It is also of very high quality. The only problem I had was a slight bow in the rear. We fixed that by installing hood bumpers in the cowl lip, which looks very neat and clean after paint/finishing. There are detailed photos of the fix on my photo site.