BFG KDWS tires any good?

• Sponsors (?)

I have has the KDWS KDW and Sport all in the same size.

-The KDWS are the best foul weather tire, but they like to tramline and are noisy.
-The KDW handles better,great traction, still tramline, but not as bad as the KDWS.
-The Sports are the quietest by far. Handling and traction, and wet weather handling are in between the kdw and kdws. and has no noticable tramlining.

If you are looking for a good all around go with the sport, if you want some real stick get the KD series.

I have never used the KDWS, so I cant speak from experience about them. By looking at the tread pattern, they dont look like much to me. Kinda remind me of a lower profile version of the classic BFG radial T/A? I have the G Force KDW2's and they are the best tires I have ever had, & there reasonably priced too. They grip like crazy. The only downside is there kinda noisy, but who cares. Thats what radios are for. I highly recommend these.

Here is a pic of the KDW2
bfg_gforce_ta_kdw2_ci2_l.jpg

have the G Force KDW2's and they are the best tires I have ever had, & there reasonably priced too.

They are quite possibly the greatest street tire on the market. I can't wait till these peice of crap Toyo Proxies wear out so i can get some new tires.
Definatly will get the KDW2s

They are quite possibly the greatest street tire on the market. I can't wait till these peice of crap Toyo Proxies wear out so i can get some new tires.
Definatly will get the KDW2s

That was the way I felt about the Nitto NT555's I had on my old 97 Cobra. They were nice in dry weather, but when it rained I felt like I was riding in a boat. They felt like they hydroplaned too much. the KDW2's on the other hand, you can hardly tell your driving in the rain.

That was the way I felt about the Nitto NT555's I had on my old 97 Cobra. They were nice in dry weather, but when it rained I felt like I was riding in a boat. They felt like they hydroplaned too much. the KDW2's on the other hand, you can hardly tell your driving in the rain.

that's why i say street tires. the NT555s will definatly outperform on the strip but even in not so great weather the KDW2s are still good.

that's why i say street tires. the NT555s will definatly outperform on the strip but even in not so great weather the KDW2s are still good.

I dunno. My BFG's seem to launch pretty damn good, but I have never been to the strip. They feel way better than the Nittos, but the BFG's are 295 & the Nitto's were only stock 245's. I guess I will never know because i wont buy the Nitto's again. The BFG's allow me to take turns & off ramps at ridiculous speeds, and they never lose grip.

I had the kdws on my car and I will tell you this, I loved those tires to death. Best tires I have ever had on a mustang! They were amazing in the rain, once in a while they woulld hyrdoplane a little but that was when the road was covered in standing water and I was doing highway driving, every tire I have had does this, you just have to drive slower and smarter. But as far as pulling out and stuff in the rain and getting on it, no problems whatsoever. I never had a problem with noise. Traction is awesome, yes they will spin a little but they hook great. And another plus, they seem to last forever! At least with my experience, my rear tires were between 1/2 tread and 1/4 tread when I baught my car, I have put 16k miles on them and they are now getting shot, heck, I used to own tires that would last only 10-15k miles period at full tread! Also, at 1/4 tread at the drag strip I cut 1.9 60 foots!!!

I have has the KDWS KDW and Sport all in the same size.

-The KDWS are the best foul weather tire, but they like to tramline and are noisy.
-The KDW handles better,great traction, still tramline, but not as bad as the KDWS.
-The Sports are the quietest by far. Handling and traction, and wet weather handling are in between the kdw and kdws. and has no noticable tramlining.

If you are looking for a good all around go with the sport, if you want some real stick get the KD series.

+1 for tramlining

I couldn't have been happier to get RID of those tires. All of the all-season tires in the sizes that Mustang users use are a compromise at best. If you need all-season performance buy some summer tires now and come November or December get some Dunlop Winter Sports or some Bridgestone Blizzacks.

I recently switched from Nitto555 DR's to KDW2's. I couldnt be happier with the switch. Beleive it or not the KDW2's are only ever so slightly less grippy than the Nitto DR's. What you give up in dry traction though you certainly gain back in wet weather and treadlife.

KDW2's FTW! :nice:

when I still had my GT, I was deciding between the KDW and KDW-S, and I picked the former. I think the KDW was probably the worst money investment I ever made... tramlined everywhere, and were loud as hell. The only positive that I can think of was the dry traction. Perhaps the KDW-S are better in those departments?

I have the KDWS on my '06. They are 235/50-18. Have had them on for just over 13K miles now. They did not do very well trying to get moving from a dead stop in 3" of snow, but once moving I had no problems. I have never hydroplaned on the interstate at or just above the posted speed limit. They spin quite a bit from a dead stop and chirp going into 2nd sometimes at WOT(due to my current mods-stock they hardly chirped). I have not been to the track yet so I have no idea how they hook there. I don't hear any noise from them whatsoever(my exhaust is quite loud). I have no complaints with them as a near round the year daily driving tire. They handle quite well for what I ask of them and like I stated above, over 13K out of them so far and still look at least half tread.

DSC03155.jpg

DSC02876.jpg

Attachments

• DSC03155.jpg
    DSC03155.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 103
  • DSC02876.jpg
    DSC02876.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 92