Build Thread Bird_dog0347's Frankenstang, sure is nice of us to build a car around the fuel filler door

• Sponsors (?)

Gonna have to go full retard I think money wise... I always wanted a Blue coupe with perfect paint and body, and T-Tops would be awesome too, but who knows might take a while.

Reactions: 3 users
Surprise... I didn't sell it. Take note of the tape line on the roof.

dPG6jhg.jpg

• Loved It!
  • Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 5 users
Man that’s going to be so awesome! I look forward to seeing the work and finished product. What color blue?
Still have time to decide, but if not Bright Atlantic Blue it will be something custom and close-ish to it. That said, the picture here is of the good side and this thing needs tons of work... @95steedamustang will be very busy.

Reactions: 1 users
I also just started a new youtube channel to put some videos on as we go with this, as there are a few that will show the scope of this project and the gremlins hiding underneath... @95steedamustang please keep sending me videos and I'll document it that way. He and I have been planning since about last May so some of this is catch up, but he got the car today.

Hopefully tomorrow we will have a shell to steal panels from to fix all the nonsense hiding in my car. More to come.
riiwDfr.png

9YyDRwD.png

Reactions: 2 users
Indiana. Hail is when I make the $$
Gotcha, we get a lot of hail here in North TX, especially my neighborhood which is on the NE side of a lake and the storms usually come from the SW. There aren't too many on the truck, just the roof/hood/FL fender/FL door/RL door mainly so I'll wait a few more weeks till we get out of the season then claim it and repair.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad you are doing this. I've been holding on to my ttop parts waiting to see some more real info. I need to locate the 87 and up rear roof trim. Mine is from an 86.

I'm glad you are doing this. I've been holding on to my ttop parts waiting to see some more real info. I need to locate the 87 and up rear roof trim. Mine is from an 86.
Since we are staying Areo nose on this car I’ll be using all 87/88 T Top pieces so it will all match. It’ll be just like a factory T top coupe from 87 to 88 if there were one. Except the conversion will be done much better

• Hell Yeah!
  • Drool
Reactions: 4 users
So late last week Kevin was able to get over to Alabama and pick up the donor car, which thankfully the best part of it is the driver's rear quarter panel and exactly what we needed (along with some of the inner structure). Unfortunately the rear glass isn't really worth using as some jackwagon tried to weld in through-floor subframe connectors and there's welding/grinding splatter all over everything inside and the window is no good. The donor rear bumper is trash as well, but no biggie.

Today I placed an order from LMR for a new trunk lid and rear bumper cover, and Kevin was able to get a view behind the fender (from inside) to see what we are dealing with there to plan the replacement of that whole quarter and some/most/all the inner structure, really just whatever is needed to make it right again. In the video below he shows where some of it was cut away and poorly "repaired" and points out the seat back cross brace welds (those were mine as it was flopping around).

5H6649w.jpg

NLVAs6g.jpg

cUQC7c3.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
So late last week Kevin was able to get over to Alabama and pick up the donor car, which thankfully the best part of it is the driver's rear quarter panel and exactly what we needed (along with some of the inner structure). Unfortunately the rear glass isn't really worth using as some jackwagon tried to weld in through-floor subframe connectors and there's welding/grinding splatter all over everything inside and the window is no good. The donor rear bumper is trash as well, but no biggie.

Today I placed an order from LMR for a new trunk lid and rear bumper cover, and Kevin was able to get a view behind the fender (from inside) to see what we are dealing with there to plan the replacement of that whole quarter and some/most/all the inner structure, really just whatever is needed to make it right again. In the video below he shows where some of it was cut away and poorly "repaired" and points out the seat back cross brace welds (those were mine as it was flopping around).

5H6649w.jpg

NLVAs6g.jpg

cUQC7c3.jpg

That donor car was no fun to load.

• Dislike