Black GT Rear Decklid Emblem?

• Sponsors (?)

Why don't you do it yourself? Its cheap and not hard at all. Just mask the inner circle (the GT emblem) and spray. To take it off all you need is some fish line or floss.

I did it myself without taking it off, just masked around it with painters tape and newspaper. I masked the GT in the center as well. Used Rustoleum Universal spray paint. I just roughed up the chrome finish with some scotchbrite pads and I have not had any problem with it flaking off or anything. I think it came out pretty good.

I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow, were you going to paint it glossy or flat? I went with flat black so it would stick out a little more on my black car.

Was the first thing I did with my car back when I got it.. Here's a shot - Flat Black for a little break up from the gloss paint. I have a Gloss Black one as well that will be going on ebay this week..

img8614uz1.jpg

Attachments

• img8614uz1.jpg
    img8614uz1.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 6,166
After you did this, did it leave any scratch marks?
Does this paint hold up in the sun and salt of the nasty winter roads?

I have been wanting to do something like this to my emblems but could not find a cheap and EFFECTIVE way, and make it last.

thanks for the response if any, I know it was been a while since some one replied to this thread.

responded to your pm, but will ad in here - prep is the most important part of painting anything. These parts are plastic, scuff them with a red 3m pad before priming, then prime and paint.

They resist the elements like any other painted part.

The blacked out stock cap looks great on the black cars:rock:

After seeing that pic so many times now, emay...I couldn't resist any longer...
Jordan made it over to your place...
3176142005_234832f675_o.jpg

Attachments

• 3176142005_234832f675_o.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 449
Sorry to be off topic but in the reflection of your trunk lid. Is that Michael Jordan dunking on your basketball hoop? Don't know why that caught my attention. The flat black emblem is sweet by the way. I'll be doing that once it gets warm out.
[/quote]

Attachments

• 3176142005_234832f675_o.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 2,675
Thanks, emay!
Back on topic... If I hadn't gotten the honeycomb tail panel, I might have blacked out the faux cap, but to me, that would be too much black back there and it would get lost.