Black stangs with cowl and mirrors painted black?

nmcgrawj

Advanced Member
Sep 28, 2003
Indianapolis, IN
Im thinking about doing this....anyone else out there that has it already? Pics? Thoughts?

And for those of you that have done it with other colors, what prep do you do on the plastic? Do you sand it smooth? Just clean it real well?

• Sponsors (?)

Oink has his cowl color matched, I have mine painted charcoal metallic. I don't really like the color matched look, but I think gloss black would look good on a black car.

Here's a couple pics of mine
100_1176.JPG

100_0735.JPG

Low-5.0 said:
Oink has his cowl color matched, I have mine painted charcoal metallic. I don't really like the color matched look, but I think gloss black would look good on a black car.

Here's a couple pics of mine
100_1176.JPG

100_0735.JPG
Thanks for the help guys. What process did u use to paint it? Did u prime it?

I just cleaned it up real good, then went over it with a scotch bright pad(I think thats what it's called). I put on a thin layer of primer, then about 2 or 3 coats each of paint and clear. All with a spray can, of course. I painted dad's cowl(and stripes) the same color, except with automotive paint and a spray gun.

100_0721.JPG

I have a black cowl and mirrors. What was stock? I have seen many color coded mirrors, but what about the cowl?

HISSIN50 said:
I have a black cowl and mirrors. What was stock? I have seen many color coded mirrors, but what about the cowl?

they ALL were flat black, the only mustangs that came with color-coded mirrors from the factory are the 03/04 cobras and 94+ (?) saleens

super302 said:
they ALL were flat black, the only mustangs that came with color-coded mirrors from the factory are the 03/04 cobras and 94+ (?) saleens
Thanks Patrick. :nice:
Now I am very confused about this thread and its title. :shrug: