blower

SALEEN281

Dec 15, 2005
hey guys,i am a new member and own a 2001 gt cov..i am wondering that will a blower from a 04 cobra will fit my gt.i know someone is selling the whole kit so before i buy it i need some advice on what other modes that i will have to do to make it to work.

• Sponsors (?)

SALEEN281 said:
hey guys,i am a new member and own a 2001 gt cov..i am wondering that will a blower from a 04 cobra will fit my gt.i know someone is selling the whole kit so before i buy it i need some advice on what other modes that i will have to do to make it to work.
Simple answer is no.It could be done but in the end it would be cheaper to just buy a blower made for your car.FYI there are a couple KB 1.7 on ebay right now and the bids are only $3500+.

simple common sense...

save the blower whine you're probably looking for till AFTER you upgrade your internals...adding a blower with stock internals means you're just asking for trouble.

Learn from other's experience...beef your motor, get some nice heads and cams, and THEN put a blower on it...you'll be much happier in the end.

o3redfire said:
Isn't the problem that there isn't an intake manifold for the eaton to bolt up to a 2v ?

There are manifolds that will work, the problem is getting one. Saleen, Roush, and even KB all have intakes that could be made to work with a custom adapter plate, but none of them will sell the intake separately.

XtReMeLy Br0Ke said:
simple common sense...

save the blower whine you're probably looking for till AFTER you upgrade your internals...adding a blower with stock internals means you're just asking for trouble.

Learn from other's experience...beef your motor, get some nice heads and cams, and THEN put a blower on it...you'll be much happier in the end.

Someone using common sense would not have made that statement, as there are many people who run supercharger on the stock bottom end with no issues. Conservative boost and tune are the key.

04 cobra blower with 2400 miles,included is the thorrtle body,inlet to back of blower,stedda tensioner pulleys, blower sheild, and outer crank pulley,mass air meter ,also blower belt and injectors,the factory cobra ones,looking to get 1000 cnd for all of it frim!pm me if interested.

jstreet0204 said:
Someone using common sense would not have made that statement, as there are many people who run supercharger on the stock bottom end with no issues. Conservative boost and tune are the key.

And some are even running 450-530rwhp on stock internals.

SALEEN281 said:
04 cobra blower with 2400 miles,included is the thorrtle body,inlet to back of blower,stedda tensioner pulleys, blower sheild, and outer crank pulley,mass air meter ,also blower belt and injectors,the factory cobra ones,looking to get 1000 cnd for all of it frim!pm me if interested.
Don't hear mention of the intercooler brick in there anywhere? You won’t make near the horsepower you’d like without the use of some form of cooling the intake charge. You could rig up some sort of water/methanol system, but you’re still left with the need to build a custom intake manifold and inlet to accommodate the M112 itself. Your best bet is to try to resell to do your best to recoup your losses, or start saving up for a set of late model 4V heads, timing cover and other components to convert your engine over to a DOHC…..which isn’t going to be cheap either.

I'd personally sell it off, start over and consider it lesson learned. :)