Bought my gun

lol *horrified gasp*

your right thought **** happens and I'm not taking the chance of not being able to protect myself when it does.

Like i said before I live in a pretty nice area actually but when a crazy SOB makes threats towards me I'm gonna be ready.

I have been threatened a lot in my life not really sure why I'm a really nice person. I get hot tempered at times when you guys have seen a few times but most of the time out of no where people will threaten me. Most of the time I shrug it off but also like i said This guy has a past of hurting people

• Sponsors (?)

i dont think the neighborhood that u live in has much to do with it. granted, the need to carry would be more evident in a "bad" neighborhood but in this day and age is any neighborhood, town, city, whatever u want to call it really safer than the other? any crime that is committed in an urban inner city environment could be carried out just as easily in a "nice" neighborhood. i think it has to do more with the people living in these neighborhoods and it just seems everyone is going out of their minds these days, unfortunatley.

Please.

Have you ever lived in a bad neighborhood? No offense, but if not, your input is basically worthless.

You don't understand what it likes to live in the ghetto until you experience it for yourself.

I had to have a gun on me all the time in my previous neighborhood because crime happened on a daily basis...where I'm at now, it's nonexistent.

no i haven't lived in a bad neighborhod, that means my input is basically worthless? crime happens on a daily basis no matter what neighborhood your in. my neighborhood is your typical middle to upper middle class, good schools, blah blah blah but the same crimes you would find in a bad neighborhood happen here as well, bank robberies, home invasions, murders. u may need to watch the news a little more to see what goes on outside of where u live.

no i haven't lived in a bad neighborhod, that means my input is basically worthless?

Yes. See above. You have no frame of reference.

crime happens on a daily basis no matter what neighborhood your in.

Wrong. Violent cime (keyword: violence) happens on a daily basis in BAD neighborhoods. If violent crime is happening in your neighborhood daily, it is not a good neighborhood.

Simple logic.

my neighborhood is your typical middle to upper middle class, good schools, blah blah blah but the same crimes you would find in a bad neighborhood happen here as well, bank robberies, home invasions, murders.

If murders, home invasions, and bank robberies are happening on a daily basis where you live, I hate to break it to you but you DO live in a bad neighborhood.

Furthermore, are you claiming to experience said violent crimes personally, or are you exagerating just a tad bit?

u may need to watch the news a little more to see what goes on outside of where u live.

2/10. Weaksauce.

thanks for shutting that guy up. living in the ghetto is not easy. getting stabbed for a dollar. getting a bullet whole cuz you were the wrong color one day. unlike cobraguy, ive seen someone get shot in their head right next to me. and then try to shoot me to. luckily the guy was ****ed up or something. cuz i ran like hell and he missed. so dont be saying **** that stuff happens everywere.

95cobraguy said:
i dont think the neighborhood that u live in has much to do with it. granted, the need to carry would be more evident in a "bad" neighborhood but in this day and age is any neighborhood, town, city, whatever u want to call it really safer than the other? any crime that is committed in an urban inner city environment could be carried out just as easily in a "nice" neighborhood. i think it has to do more with the people living in these neighborhoods and it just seems everyone is going out of their minds these days, unfortunatley.
:lol: :rlaugh: Hell yes I'd be more at ease at a wally world in Colorado at 3 am then I would at some of the wally worlds down here at 11 pm. Honestly just 5 hours north of me in Lakeland I felt a lot more peaceful and less defensive, living in the 9th fastest city in the US isn'y helping one bit. A lot more crappy people are moving in then nice/kind people.

hey mystery machine, how you liking your gun? i couldn't wait 2 months so i had my friend buy me the Sigma .40 its tight. lol. put a grin on my face everytime i se it. lol. 300 bucks for a brand new gun, and it aint a cheap brand

I love it. I miss it when i can't carry it lol Was just carrying it with the clip loaded (so i thought. It holds 8 not 7) and none in the chamber. After talking to my bro in law which has a Ruger P89 9mm and reading the manual Tonight I carried it with 1 in the chamber ready to go all I gotta do if flip the safety off as i pull it out.

Shawn, where did you live in Pittsburgh?

I grew up in Morningside...which was pretty decent when I was little. It's going downhill now.

When I was 19 I moved out of my parents place and into my first apartment in East Liberty. It was all I could afford. I lived right next to the corner of Stanton and Negley Avenues. It's ****ing horrible down there. Living there was a real eye opener.

First week I was living there I was having a beer on my back steps with my friend when we heard a "BANG" from down the block. He said it was a gunshot, I said it was probably just a firecracker...a few minutes later someone opened up with what sounded like an UZI or something and we ran inside. The police were swarming all over there pretty quick and it was on the news at 11 that night. So many stories from that place...

After two years of that I moved to my last place in Highland Park, right at the intersection of Wellesley and North Euclid Avenues. It was supposed to be nicer, but within a year the neighborhood deteriorated to the be ghetto it is now. This is where the dude with the knife tried breaking into my car.

Just last week we moved out to McCandless...my god man, it's truly a lifestyle change. I'll never go back to the city.

The entire East End of Pittsburgh is sinking fast. Shadyside and Squirrel Hill are pretty nice, but other than that, it basically sucks.