brake pads

my buddy has an 02 gt and he bought a set of new hawk brake pads and slotted rotors. he has since changed his mind and ordered the cobra set up so he will not be using these items which are still new. he told me i can have them if i want. now my question is will the front brake pads for a 02 gt work on my car? i am not sure since mustang tuning has them seperated and the ones for the 02 are more expensive. any input is appreciated
thanks
steve

• Sponsors (?)

No, they won't. But if he's upgrading to cobra fronts, see if he'll sell you his front calipers too. Otherwise, you can find the 99+ front calipers for $75 or so used.

taking off the old ones, and putting on the new ones... direct fit on my 95 GT... although, instead of buying used, I'd recomend the 2001 Bullitt calipers... they're a nice red w/ the running pony on them, usually go for around $200 at a store, around $160 on Ebay... that's what I did, and they look NICE! :nice:

-btw, I'd suggest upgrading the brake fluid while your at it, if you want to... something that has very good resistance to moisture and compression ratings, like Super Blue Racing fluid... It's a german competition fluid, but very high marks... just a suggestion