Brakes and 5 Lug

Black 93 Fox

Jun 1, 2003
Vancouver,Washington
Alright I want to upgrade my brakes stock ones arent going to cut it any more and its time to change the pads maybe even rotors too. I want to put the cobra cailbers on it and slotted rotors and I want to stay 4 lug but might go 5 lug depending on wheels. So can I just buy new slotted rotors that are 4 lug and also buy the red cobra cailbers and they will fit on 93 rotors? Also where is the best place to buy the cailbers that are red and say cobra and also what about rotors? I was looking at 5.0 resto and they have the power slot rotors thoes any good? They dont have the cobra cailbers in red they only have them in plain.

Thanks,
Black 93 Fox

• Sponsors (?)

Black 93 Fox said:
Ok then what do I need to change to cobra cailbers. I want thoes cailbers so if I have to change to 5 lug then I will. Is there a complete kit I can buy or is it better to piece it all together?

Its up to you on how much you want to spend, check out the Search Function as this topic is covered pretty heavy on the board and you should be able to find the answers you need. Good Luck on your car!

You can stay 4 lug and use the PBR/Cobra caliper if you want to; however, the ONLY company I know that modifies the stock spindle to accept the PBR caliper is BAER. I would check with them about buying a 4 lug modified spindle. You can also check out corral as they pop up every once in a while.

tunedin302 said:
You can stay 4 lug and use the PBR/Cobra caliper if you want to; however, the ONLY company I know that modifies the stock spindle to accept the PBR caliper is BAER. I would check with them about buying a 4 lug modified spindle. You can also check out corral as they pop up every once in a while.

+1

I have the BAER SS/T front kit and LOVE IT! I believe it is around $1k for everything but you will have to run a 17" wheel with the kit like I have