BRAKES - the final frontier

OK, i am sure this topic has been around the block a few times, but i need some good advice...
i have a 68 coupe with a 302. It was a 6cyl car and converted before i bought it (ignorance is bliss). the front suspension has been upgraded, but the brakes and hubs are still 6 cyl (4 lug hubs). i know this is a less than safe condition and the way the car handles proves this point. i have already bought a set of 16" wheels - which i know will effect how "big" the brakes can be. i want to convert to a front disc setup - with a couple of stipulations.
1. i do not want a "parts car" to pilage from (homeowners assoc. would have a field day)
2. i have a pair of v8 spindles ready to be installed.
3. in a perfect world i could find something fancy, like cross drilled or slotted rotors instead of ones from an old Granada or Monarch.
if anyone has done this or has any good info, please let me know. Also, a good "parts list would also be helpful.

thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

the good news is the 68 spindles are all the same as far as size go. check to see if the spindle has provision for the single piston calipers that ford started using in 68. there should be a large bolt hole in the spindle upright, and another hole in the steering arm. these holes are where the caliper bracket mounts. you can then use stock 68 rotors as well.