Brand New 2012 V6 w/ PP & 101a

2012Stang4Me

Oct 27, 2011
Hey all! Just bought a new 12 V6! So far only 150 miles so I know I need to break her in a little more before getting on it but it's so hard to resist:D Got the transmission TSB done at ford the notchy gears. On the first test drive with the tech it locked him out of second so they replaced some fluids and checked all bolts. Now it's still notchy but hasn't locked me out of any gears just feels a little weird. Anyone else experiencing this? I did some reading and the TSB seems like the only fix at the moment. I like the short throw shift but would like it to smooth out a little. Maybe some more driving will help.

Looking to do some basic mods once I reach about 1k-2k miles and was wondering what would be the best for a Manual V6 with the Performance package. I was thinking 3.73's but trying to justify the 500 install price for just a little quicker rev up. I know a tune is helping the auto's out a lot but will make a big difference on a stick? Also, has anyone done the throttle body spacer by airaid? I saw it and was thinking of going with a good tune, CAI, and that. Looking to stay under $700 for all of it. Will those 3 turn out some good differences? I would really love to keep the warranty but I've had mustangs with tunes and it made a world of difference on the older GT's. Stereo wise I got the basic system which is pretty horrible, so looking to upgrade that soon, any recommendations on a new stereo and speakers to get good sound on a budget? Any input would be awesome! :nice:

Attachments

• stang.jpg
    stang.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 110
  • Sponsors (?)

Hey all! Just bought a new 12 V6! So far only 150 miles so I know I need to break her in a little more before getting on it but it's so hard to resist:D Got the transmission TSB done at ford the notchy gears. On the first test drive with the tech it locked him out of second so they replaced some fluids and checked all bolts. Now it's still notchy but hasn't locked me out of any gears just feels a little weird. Anyone else experiencing this? I did some reading and the TSB seems like the only fix at the moment. I like the short throw shift but would like it to smooth out a little. Maybe some more driving will help.

Looking to do some basic mods once I reach about 1k-2k miles and was wondering what would be the best for a Manual V6 with the Performance package. I was thinking 3.73's but trying to justify the 500 install price for just a little quicker rev up. I know a tune is helping the auto's out a lot but will make a big difference on a stick? Also, has anyone done the throttle body spacer by airaid? I saw it and was thinking of going with a good tune, CAI, and that. Looking to stay under $700 for all of it. Will those 3 turn out some good differences? I would really love to keep the warranty but I've had mustangs with tunes and it made a world of difference on the older GT's. Stereo wise I got the basic system which is pretty horrible, so looking to upgrade that soon, any recommendations on a new stereo and speakers to get good sound on a budget? Any input would be awesome! :nice:

Don't know, if I bought it looking at performance mods I would of probably splurged a little more and went for a base GT :shrug:

Yea I looked at the GT's, they're a little quicker but MPG is important to me as I drive 1500-2000 miles a month. Getting a GT would end up costing me 200-300 more a month with gas, insurance, and payment. Not looking for GT performance just a little better throttle response and maybe a few extra horses. Seen a few basic mods to get these close to 350hp, while being about 150lbs lighter, and getting 30mpg is a win win for my conditions.

Yea I looked at the GT's, they're a little quicker but MPG is important to me as I drive 1500-2000 miles a month. Getting a GT would end up costing me 200-300 more a month with gas, insurance, and payment. Not looking for GT performance just a little better throttle response and maybe a few extra horses. Seen a few basic mods to get these close to 350hp, while being about 150lbs lighter, and getting 30mpg is a win win for my conditions.

Well I never looked at my car for mpg, I like to smile while I drive and with the 5.0 you can't help but too. But hey, looking for fuel efficiency you went the right route. My car is my DD, but I only work 6-7 miles from the house, so a 15 mile round trip isn't bad :shrug:

V6 Performance

I know Scott Hoag at MRT just finished a performance V6 intended for street and track duty. The car is headed for SEMA. I've seen pictures but do not know what all Scott did.

Would be a great place to start as MRT has awesome pieces for Mustangs, V6or V8. I feel certain they can help you.

As for a stereo, I went with the plug and play Kicker unit. The stock head unit is retained but a 200w amplifier is added, along with new speakers and a 200w powered sub-woofer for the trunk. Same set-up comes in Shelbys.

Never got out a drill or cut any wires. Everything fit perfectly, sounds great!

Congrats on your purchase. I would also add, your next $50 purchase should be a membership in the Mustang Club of America.

Questions on anything, let me know...

:flag:

csm