Broke My Cell Phone, LG 1300 Cingular... What can I do?

94-302-vert

Aug 16, 2004
NE CT
What are my cheapest options to get a phone again? I have both halves of the phone so I have the SIM card still. What phones will my 64k SIM work in? Can I jsut buy an unlocked LG1300 off ebay and put my SIM in it or do I need to go through Cingular to get the phone to work (or even to get the actual phone)?

TIA.

• Sponsors (?)

94-302-vert said:
What are my cheapest options to get a phone again? I have both halves of the phone so I have the SIM card still. What phones will my 64k SIM work in? Can I jsut buy an unlocked LG1300 off ebay and put my SIM in it or do I need to go through Cingular to get the phone to work (or even to get the actual phone)?

TIA.

The unlocked idea is a good one. If it's unlocked you should be able to just throw your sim in there.

Same thing just happened to me. The Cingular store basically gave me three options. 1) Buy one on ebay and bring it to them and they would set it up. 2) Start a new plan and pay the 250 dollar fee for cancelling the old contract. 3) Buy a phone from them outright. Its like 200 bucks for the cheapest phone to buy outright. Its a ****ty deal all the way around.crapola