Fox What Do You Guys Use Your Car For?

bleedinggreen

5 Year Member
Aug 13, 2018
Humble, TX
I finally got my 89 LX hatch back on the road last spring and I've just been going around town in it every now and again - normal stuff like running errands, dropping my kid off at school, etc. I was originally trying to make the car a decent daily driver, but it's no longer needed for that. Without a purpose for it, I have kind of lost the motivation to work on it like I was. It runs good now and I enjoy taking it out, but without a purpose I'm kind of stuck on what mods or upgrades I want to do to it. With all that being said, I was just curious what everyone else is using there car for. Figured it would be good to get some ideas on what can be done with a fox body and also see how broad this car hobby actually is.

• Sponsors (?)

Drag car.
Due to circumstances that confound me,
The car has not made a pass going on 3 years as of this year.
Extremely frustrating.
That has not prevented me from dumping several thousand dollars into it.
It is still on jack stands.

Reactions: 1 user
What a treat, not having to wear out my " toy " going to work and back...
I remember spending some cold nights under my car in my parents " car port" working on my car to get me to school the next day... Looking back I should have said screw it and had my parents drop me off....
Pretty nice having some extra vehicles around in my opinion....

Reactions: 1 user
Black Jack: Daily Driver
IMG-20231028-WA0001.jpeg

Father Time: Spending money
20151225_113206.jpg

Grover: Taking Pictures
Screenshot_20231021_044601_Instagram.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Garage art...never selling it as I will never get one back. I don't drive it much but its there when I want to and still loads of fun.

Same.

My fox was my HS car about 25 years ago. Has a lot of sentimental value. I enjoy having it, looking at it, and installing parts on it. I like when people ask questions about it and talking about it. I rarely drive it.

IMG_4837.jpeg

I bought an SN95 for the sole purpose of driving without a care. No attachment to that car at all. I’ll drive it to work. I’ll park it at the mall. Don’t care. It’s probably the most enjoyment I’ve had in a Mustang due to the fact I’m not afraid to use the thing.

IMG_7144.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
Cruiser , show car , street strip car . Work commuter in the good weather . Take it to my buddies 2+ plus hours away
IMG_5510.jpeg
IMG_5518.jpeg
IMG_5712.jpeg
IMG_5410.jpeg
IMG_5704.jpeg

• Love
  • Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Same.

My fox was my HS car about 25 years ago. Has a lot of sentimental value. I enjoy having it, looking at it, and installing parts on it. I like when people ask questions about it and talking about it. I rarely drive it.

IMG_4837.jpeg

I bought an SN95 for the sole purpose of driving without a care. No attachment to that car at all. I’ll drive it to work. I’ll park it at the mall. Don’t care. It’s probably the most enjoyment I’ve had in a Mustang due to the fact I’m not afraid to use the thing.

IMG_7144.jpeg
Beautiful fox

IMG_2634.jpeg

I leave mine here just in case someone tries to steal the garage floor. Lol

It goes out every now and then. A show if the spirit moves me but those days are pretty much behind me. Been there done that. Have a garage full of trophies and plaques. It's enough. Just nice to know she's there. Been with me since the '90's and if I have anything to say about it, and I think I do, she's not going anywhere.

Currently being used as attaching points for tarps and holding down jackstands on my garage pad, along with the other 2 that I can never really seem to get to.... :(

Lots of plans, never enough time to spend implementing them.

1706998202508.png

Hoping to change that this year if I can get back on both feet again.... :cross:

Ive Been dailying my 91 vert (Oxford white with black top) since 95 and my 89 is a project that doesn't run at the moment,i get positive comments at least once a week from people, its a old battle horse with scars but i wouldn't\couldn't drive anything else, its not fast, it rattles, its uncomfortable on long trips but i have tried to upkeep it the best i can,just dropped a 347 in it last year plus a brand new all stainless exhaust that set me back bank robber wages and its still a lot cheaper that buying one of these overly complicated new cars that i cant afford nor want.

• Hell Yeah!
Ive Been dailying my 91 vert (Oxford white with black top) since 95 and my 89 is a project that doesn't run at the moment,i get positive comments at least once a week from people, its a old battle horse with scars but i wouldn't\couldn't drive anything else, its not fast, it rattles, its uncomfortable on long trips but i have tried to upkeep it the best i can,just dropped a 347 in it last year plus a brand new all stainless exhaust that set me back bank robber wages and its still a lot cheaper that buying one of these overly complicated new cars that i cant afford nor want.
Not too many years ago ( of course at my age that might be more than I realize) I read an article I found interesting..
The article compared three different ways to buy a car and how each compared cost wise.....
1. Brand New
2. a few years old low mileage
3. older car, pay cash for it and maintain and keep for over 10 years....

Like most people I had thought #2 was the best way... NOPE, #3 was by far the least expensive way to own a car according to this article...

Well since 7/7/07 I've daily driven my fox. I blast to work , taking twists and powering up the on ramp till I hit 75/80 mph.
Everything I need to replace I try and replace with an upgraded part, even the front seats. 150 miles a week and she keeps on rolling along with the grace from the Lord above.

Attachments

• IMG_20200417_165439_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200417_165439_hdr.jpg
    519.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20200417_165357_hdr.jpg
    525.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20200904_114113.jpg
    IMG_20200904_114113.jpg
    489.5 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_20201222_135812_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20201222_135812_hdr.jpg