Bug Remover

ChrisGT

Jul 21, 2004
Greenville NC
I'm having a hard time keeping the bugs off my front end and was wondering if you guys had any thoughts on bug removers. I tried the Gunk brand and wasn't at all impressed with the results. Help me win the war against bugs!

• Sponsors (?)

Yup, Bug N Tar remover works pretty well. Another little gadget that I like to use is a plastic scouring pad (like the ones you use to clean pots and pans). It’s just abrasive enough to get the bugs off, without hurting the paint.

If I’m going on a long trip, I usually spray the front of my bumper with “Pam” cooking spray believe it or not. Makes the bugs real easy to get off with that and washes off with soap and water. Also works well for at the track when you spray it on your lower rear quarter pannel. The burn rubber is no sweat to get off then. :nice:

ChrisGT said:
GUNK Bug and Tar Remover = CRAP!!!

The Pam idea sounds like it might be a winner if I can ever get the front cleaned off!
Well, it they've been on there a while, the Gunk stuff doesn't work all that well. Also, applying it on a hot day doesn't help, because it dries up on you too soon and just makes a mess. You'll have to use a little elbow grease in that case. Wet it down for 5-min or so first to soften them up and try cleaning them off with one of those plastic woven Scotch-Brite scouring pads and some dish soap and water.
lagpad188.jpg

ugh i was kinda mad someone had already mentioned the Pam. I thought i would be the cool one posting that. Well also im not sure if someone metioned it, but those clear front stick on peices, that alot of detail shops do. Keeps rocks away to for those insane law breaking rides home from the track.