buying a house right beside his parents

I bring up the gate in the fence idea because during HS one of my best buddy's moved in next to me and instead of just putting up the fence my parents had planned, we added the gate... when we graduated HS together, we opened up the gate and had a huge two - house two swimming pool ripper. Probably the best party involving parents and underage drinking I've ever been to.

Adam

• Sponsors (?)

move in and tell them that you need space and put up either a fence or a row of trees/hedges. something like that, so you ahve your privacy.

personally its too close for me. but then again i worked with this guy who had three generations of his family all on the same road lined up down the street. they loved it.

my neighbor's son/my friend went thru the same deal. Worked out great for the son. 2 lots for one big garage.

Some people will tell you not to move next door some will. What you need to do is discuss it between and your partner. I had the opurtunity to by my fathers house. He doesn't even live there he's in florida. I live there and I decided not to. I wanted my own. I'm buying the one directly behind it. :)

Well .... I think we'll be fine. We're not "right next door", so to speak. We are across the street ..... kind of diagonally positioned. I never imagined I'd move this close to my family .... but we can't really pass this up. Real estate is really cheap in our area. The house was listed at $135K. We settled at $71K. :D We knew the people that moved out .... and they're in an extreme hurry to sell ..... so they called us up to ask .... & now we're getting it. The awesome part is now I don't have to mess around in the driveway when working on my vehicles. I can just go across the street & use my dad's garage w/ lift. It's also on plenty of land ..... so I'm gonna eventually build my own garage anyway.

sounds like sweet deal, man. that's quite a bit of money to save! i would've jumped at it, too. just gotta make sure the "line" is set and that you two get your space/privacy. congrats on teh house...can't wait 'til i get my own. paying rent sucks!!!