Buying a vert!

MUSTANGJOE

Silver Stanger
Founding Member
Apr 9, 2002
:nice: Hey guys!

Im looking into buyinf a sn95 vert, I owned a fox body before but wanna try something different.

My question is ...what do I look for when buying this model? Do they rust in a specific area or is there any way to tell that the car the car was under stress?..thxs joe p.

• Sponsors (?)

Not that I know of. But check the condition of the top, open and close it, look at the interior (seats, carpet, steering wheel). You can tell a surprising amount about how a car has been cared for by how well the interior holds up.

Then I would look for mods, and whether they have been installed in a clean professional manner, or if they look like hack jobs. But I have nothing to offer you don't already know from your fox shopping days.

I agree, just look for signs of a rough life the same you would any mustang. I got a pretty good deal on mine because I found a car that wasn't running well at all... 123k miles on the original plugs, wires, cap, rotor, and coil... $100 and a couple hours and a HUGE difference.

You will love the improved interior, the seats are better, and the brakes are lots better. I have had two 95 GT's, one T-5, and the AODE I now own. I haven't had any real problems with either, except for the rear sway bars, which break on everyone's 94-95 GT's - I've had to replace them on both cars.

You will love th car. Just make sure you get a T-5. I love my auto, but I only purchased an auto car because it was the deal of a lifetime. The 5-spd 95gt I had was quicker stock vs stock compared to my auto car even with 2:73 gears.

MUSTANGJOE said:

Any of you had a fox before?..which do u like better?..thxs :nice:

joe ive owned a couple fox verts and fox hardtops Ive also owned a hardtop 94 and my current 95 vert. I definatley like the 94-95 better than the foxs. much more up to date and comfortable compared to the foxs. hands down the sn95s win IMHO. good luck

I think that the 94/95 GT's with the 5.0 will have a good re-sale value someday if kept nice. Their were only two years made with the 302. so it could be a collectors item but most likely just a stang fan's fav. SN-95 style out of all the years 94-98. The SN-95 is much more attractive then the boxy Fox body stang. They have some nice dress-up items too if you don't like the stock look.

Thanks alot guys!!...

still searcjing for a vert...found a green with tan top one near my area but I dont like the color combo. I was looking for black on black.

Were do you guys shop for your body skirts? Thxs again:nice: