Buying Parts!!!

I am working on my 65 fastback and have spent about $3000.00 on the car since I purchased it in December. With all this said, I want to know who you guys buy your parts from. I live in California due to a military assignment and not too crazy about paying sales tax on mail order items inside the state.... I need a new source... Thanks in advance!!!! :D

• Sponsors (?)

347Fastback said:
I am working on my 65 fastback and have spent about $3000.00 on the car since I purchased it in December. With all this said, I want to know who you guys buy your parts from. I live in California due to a military assignment and not too crazy about paying sales tax on mail order items inside the state.... I need a new source... Thanks in advance!!!! :D

Do a web search as there are lots of vendors. I like Virginia Classic Mustang.

About the only one I use is Matt :nice: who owns "PONDEROSA MUSTANG", he has consistently had the best pricing, shipping cost and customer service. You would not have to worry about tax or such things, I live in British Columbia, Canada and even with the exchange rate on the dollar and the distance to get the stuff here to me, it is still the best deal I have found. I just finished restoring my 65 fastback and pretty much everything with the exception of a few NOS auction parts came from Matt. I also did my 68 coupe through Matt. If nothing else give him a call and check out the pricing and tell him John from canada sent you. If you would like to see how my car turned out drop me an email and I will send you some pictures. Below I will post Matt's number and email addy

Matt Rosa...Ponderosa [email protected]

Good Luck

I personally prefer www.mustangdepot.com or KAR Automotive Group. I have purchased from every other vendor out there. But Jay at Mustang Depot has always come thru. Also Kevin at KAR is NEVER too busy to talk on the phone, and even walk out into the warehouse to answer ANY questions you may have. Either would be a fine choice IMHO

i've had very good luck with NPD and Mustangs Unltd, as well as several vendors/businesses that sell on ebay. Just check their feedback and don't be afraid to email them with a question before you bid and you can save some money. Also, make sure to check shipping costs on ebay, some people sell stuff for cheaper than you could get it thru a catalog, then make up the difference with high shipping and handling fees.

347Fastback said:
how many people have used a particular vendor on ebay... I am thinking about buying the HEI style distributor...
I use eBay all of the time. Mustang's Unlimited sometimes have overstock items on the ebay at a discount.

If you question any ebay seller, just look at their feedback and pay attention to the negatives. Another suggestion is to always ask (email) a question about the item you are interested in. If you get a quick response, chances are you will have a smooth transaction. If you don't receive a reply, stay away. If the seller can't take the time to answer your question, I doubt they will fulfill the order expediently.

I've had very good luck on ebay, as well as the StangNet and the Corral classifieds.

I've spent about $8k in parts in the past six months. I find some good deals at swap meets, but most of the best deals are from Mustang only message boards such as Stangnet and the Corral. Compared to retail prices I've saved over $1,700 - roughly 20% on my purchases.