C-4 And Longtubes

• Sponsors (?)

I have 1 1/2" Heddman long tubes on my Fairmonts 302, first with a large bellhousing C4, then later with the T5 swap. Good ground clearance, although my car is not lowered.) They did rattle on the Kmember at first, but a new set of motor mounts (Mustang convert.) cured that. I also have 1 5/8" FlowTech long tubes on my 85 Mustang, since the drivers side cleared the Lakewood scattershield easily, & the passenger side had only minor contact, they should easily clear a C4. A friend has the higher quality Heddman "Hustler" long tubes on his 79 Mustang with a C4, they also fit fine.

Thanks McFairmont. So my MAC 1 5/8 Longtubes would work with a large bell pan fill c-4?

I'd like to swap my T-5 for a C-4 and the only one I have is a pan fill large bell C-4. I can get a small bell for it, but I'm not sure what flywheel to use.

JoeGT86 said:
Thanks McFairmont. So my MAC 1 5/8 Longtubes would work with a large bell pan fill c-4?

I'd like to swap my T-5 for a C-4 and the only one I have is a pan fill large bell C-4. I can get a small bell for it, but I'm not sure what flywheel to use.

you can use the small bell and get a 158 tooth flex plate. it will be alot better for you in the long run... ie: more room to work around, less weight, etc.

why are you looking for a pan fill? small bell, case fill out of a later model pass car is the way to go. :nice:

NoSLowFiveO said:
you can use the small bell and get a 158 tooth flex plate. it will be alot better for you in the long run... ie: more room to work around, less weight, etc.

why are you looking for a pan fill? small bell, case fill out of a later model pass car is the way to go. :nice:

NoSlowFiveO, I've got the pan fill already. I'd like to get a case fill. I have access to a C-5 (from a 3.8L) with the small bell and its a case fill, but then what rebuild kit, convertor, etc. would I use?

Thanks

JoeGT86 said:
NoSlowFiveO, I've got the pan fill already. I'd like to get a case fill. I have access to a C-5 (from a 3.8L) with the small bell and its a case fill, but then what rebuild kit, convertor, etc. would I use?

Thanks

I have no idea about the C5 trans, wish I could help but I dont have any experience with those. good luck with the project!

/

NoSLowFiveO said:
I have no idea about the C5 trans, wish I could help but I dont have any experience with those. good luck with the project!

/
I think I'm just gonna use the small bell from that tranny and use my pan fill c-4. It'll look strange, but as long as it works, that's the main thing.

Thanks for the help so far.