C&L MAF from 89 Will it fit?

Traitor5150

Jan 26, 2004
My frend has a C&L MAF in his 89 lx that he is trading for a streetbike. Told me I could have it for $50 along with the 24 injectors. But will it work in my 94. I have a bbk cai. If not i could take the maf and injectors out of my 92 lk that is stock and give that to him then sell this one to buy the right one for my car but id rather make it work . he wants his car to run afterwards thats all. his setup should be ok without it.

• Sponsors (?)

It will work OK but it will not fit cause our cars use a flange maf and the Fox maf is a clamp type fitting.

You can rig up a home made cai and use his maf on your car for an easy solution.

Later
Grady

I ran a 76mm C&L, I bought the correct tube for the 94-95's and made a home made CAI out of one fernco connector from a hardware store, some PVC pipe, and one brass fitting for the breather tube cost me like 12$ or so.

Worked good as I got 24#inj. and that was the reason I got the meter as I did not have a tweecer yet. I sold the meter though when I bought the tweecer and reverted back to my stock meter for the ease of tuning.

dstanggt50 said:
I think the color of the calibration tube is different for 94-95 vs the fox :shrug: . For the one on my car it needed a black calibration tube ( don't remember the color for the foxes, maybe orange :shrug: ) for my 24lb inj.

definetly black for the 94-95. the one for the 86-93 for 24lb is blue. the C&L website has the whole chart.

Traitor5150 said:
My frend has a C&L MAF in his 89 lx that he is trading for a streetbike. Told me I could have it for $50 along with the 24 injectors. But will it work in my 94. I have a bbk cai. If not i could take the maf and injectors out of my 92 lk that is stock and give that to him then sell this one to buy the right one for my car but id rather make it work . he wants his car to run afterwards thats all. his setup should be ok without it.

The answer is yes it will work, but you need the proper parts. The C&L sample tube is $36 total after shipping. I ran a 73mmm from a fox with 24#s successfully. I just knocked the flange off of my MAC CAI, bought another blue hose connector from a local speed shop and bought the 94\95 sample tube for 24# injectors for a 73mm MAF. If your'e using the 73mm on a GT with 24#s you'll need the orange tube (part number 097) and if you're running the 76mm with 24#s on a GT you'll need the black tube (part number 105). If you've got a Cobra with 24#s and a 73mm unit you'll need the gold tube (part number 096) and if you've got a cobra with 24#s with a 76mm unit you'll need the .650 tube (part number 094). I hope this answers your question.
Tim