C3W to A9L swap help

Mustang-Mike

Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Ok i have a question my car use to be an automatic so it still has the c3w computer in it. i want to go with a a9l since it is 5spd now so what i want to know is this strickly plug and play or would i have to move pins to different locations. i just remember doing a mass air conversion on my last car and had to move pins to different locations in the harness, i'm just wanting to confirm that this is just a plug it in and go thing before i do it and have a fireworks show before the 4th of july.

• Sponsors (?)

Save your knuckles and sweat. The C3W computer will work just as good as the A9L. Both have exactly the same pinout and functions.

You would need to change O2 harnesses or repin the EEC as there are differences with Auto and 5-spd here. Using the 5-spd EEC with an AOD O2 harness could damage the EEC.

No need to change though.

Thanks guys i went ahead and installed it yesterday anyway with no issues, and actually the car doesn't stall out on me anymore since i did the install. as far as the o2 sensors i found out yesterday that they are not even connected so i'm not sure if it will still damage the EEC or not but i will get all this stuff together.