CAI question

• Sponsors (?)

The hole in the exhaust is actually just in the heat shield around the header. You can take the hose off without fear of anything leaking. Just make sure you plug the small rubber vacuum lines going into the top of the air box.

Theres actually only one Vacuum line to worry about. When I did my CAI . I just screwed a screw in the line. The other line actually just connects the top of the stock air filter box to the bottom of the box. I completely ditched my stock stuff.

Yep New thread. I dont have one but I would say it will take a drill Bondo and paint.

Drill out the rivits, bondo the holes and then paint it up.

See the new thread will help others that have the same question search better.

I think that the tube connecting the stock airbox to the exhaust manifold is just to help your car warm up on cold days once it has been started. Instead of just taking in the cold air from outside and burning it on cold mornings, it takes a little bit of warm air from the exhaust and it supposed to help it to warm up. However, I dont really think it'll make that much of a difference. Just ditch it. I dont have mine on anymore because the hose ripped, and mine seems to work just fine.