calling convertible owner

Texstang9682

Oct 8, 2006
Austin, Texas
Well my convertible top motor has been out of order for well over a year now and I'm used to putting it up manualy.

My question is what would yall guys think about taking the motor out permanantly? Now the hydrualic lines are still hooked up what would I do with them if I took the motor out. And would that make putting the top up any physicaly harder than it is now. I have already removed the factory amps and wouldnt mind clearing out the whole area behind the seat for a custom made speaker box.

Opinions are encoraged.

Thanks, CLINT

• Sponsors (?)

Help me out guys peerrty please. I need some advise on this.
Also reguarding the top the window in the back has come unglued at the top how can I fix this or is this somthing a top shop needs to do?

THe sad thing about this is that this is a new top, less than 3 years old.:(

ghetto doesnt describe it...that is a first step to converting your stang to a BEATER, if you ask me... I also have a leak, from what I read 7 years is the norm for a top to last. I would be contacting the company of your current top.

Hi,

If your doing it for the weight aspect then sure just pull out the motor and drain the valves so you don't get hydrolic fluid all over or just go to the junk yard and find a replacement, or call Ford service.

That must suck trying to pull it up though mine top is really hard to put up without the motor working.

later

Ten years and no problems with my motor or my back window leaking.

You should just bite the bullet and replace the motor. Putting it up and down yourself, you could bend the top frame.

ya my 99s top still works great, the top is leaking at the back though, no at the window but at the corners of the top, i guess i wore through it lol. Not sure what to use to patch it though you can see it unless you fold up a flap.

from what i have read and seen from my own top; if the water collects in the vinyl valley behind the seat, its the window. But if your water is collecting under the rear seats, then it is the quarter window gaskets or misalignment of top/windows. Mine is leaking everywhere at 70k miles. But she is still so sexy with the dropped top