351 Cleveland swapped MII

If I could ask, what size and brand of front tires do you have? I have BFG T/A Radials 155-80R-15 that are 24" tall on 4" wheels and they seem like there is too much weight on them even though I slightly over inflate. You now have a heavier engine than me and your tires don't look that way.

Counter question after your question:

Are the centers of your front wheels as far forward as his appear to be in the image directly above?

• Sponsors (?)

Well, the holidays are behind us and I can now get my focus back on this project. Over the weekend I scored a set of 4V closed chamber heads. The original build was going to be with 2V heads. But I found these at a great deal and couldn’t pass it up.
IMG_1154.jpeg

IMG_1156.jpeg

IMG_1155.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
I’m assuming they aren’t a matched pair since one is D0AE and the other is D1AE.
IMG_1159.jpeg

IMG_1157.jpeg

Unless Ford did put two different date code heads on the same engine. I honestly don’t know.

What I did find interesting is the designation in the top corner of the heads. I’ve always been told a 4 and bubble means open chamber and a 4 with no bubble means closed chamber. Here I clearly have two closed chamber heads. One with a bubble and one without. So I guess that’s not a 100% true method of identifying closed chamber heads.
IMG_1160.jpeg

IMG_1158.jpeg

If there are any Cleveland experts reading this post. Please chime in. I also have a couple other questions to prep these heads for installation. So I welcome advice to help me along the way. These came off a running engine. There for I am assuming no real machining is necessary. Other than I want to install Harland Sharp roller rockers. So my plan is to get the pedestals milled, drilled, and tapped for 7/16” studs and guide plates.

Reactions: 1 user
look at those!
The guys over in the early mustang part of Stangnet don’t know what there missing!
Unless Ford did put two different date code heads on the same engine. I honestly don’t know.
Its possible they just used what was in front of them at the assembly plant.

cam is definitely in the future. I’ve got a set of Harland Sharp roller rockers. So I’ll be getting the heads machined for rocker studs. I’d be real interested in going a roller cam as well. But one thing at a time. Everything I add just delays getting this car running.

Reactions: 2 users
Just saw a 1976 Mustang II Cobra go across the Mecum Auction for $52,000
Supposed all original with under 15K miles. It did have Hooker Headers and Thrush Side pipes added.
White with Blue stripes, all Blue Interior.
Pretty big money for a II
Not sure about the mileage, maybe less than 15K

Reactions: 1 users
Just saw a 1976 Mustang II Cobra go across the Mecum Auction for $52,000
Supposed all original with under 15K miles. It did have Hooker Headers and Thrush Side pipes added.
White with Blue stripes, all Blue Interior.
Pretty big money for a II
Not sure about the mileage, maybe less than 15K
I was watching some Mecum yesterday. I would have loved to see that II. I've never seen one pull that much money.

I’d be real interested in going a roller cam as well.
If I ever put another cam in (it's already had many) I would love to try a roller. Ain't nothing cheap about it. One thing I would check is to see is if you can remove and install the lifters with the heads on. It would really stink to have to remove the heads to change a faulty lifter or swap cams.

I think you can...I'd have to check my old build book. I know some of the old lifters are pretty stubborn about coming out though.
I have a roller cam and love the rpm it makes. I have my rev limiter set at 6500. Rarely get there but it's nice to know I can. Also you should have the rotating assembly balanced if you're planning on that kind of rpm.