cam video

• Sponsors (?)

Mine isn't too far off from that...it's really odd but I've had a dyno tune and a performance shop both listen and it isn't anything they haven't heard before. But your sounds a bit louder than mine.

Can you tell where the majority of the noise is from? You can get a stethescope from an auto parts shop and listen around. Or use a screwdriver with the tip on what you want to hear and put your ear to the handle. Listen mostly to the valve covers and see if you are getting valvetrain noise.

Did the shop pull the timing cover? Possibly the crank pulley isn't set correctly and causing timing chain rattle.

COramprat said:
Mine isn't too far off from that...it's really odd but I've had a dyno tune and a performance shop both listen and it isn't anything they haven't heard before. But your sounds a bit louder than mine.

Can you tell where the majority of the noise is from? You can get a stethescope from an auto parts shop and listen around. Or use a screwdriver with the tip on what you want to hear and put your ear to the handle. Listen mostly to the valve covers and see if you are getting valvetrain noise.

Did the shop pull the timing cover? Possibly the crank pulley isn't set correctly and causing timing chain rattle.
I think the lifters are making the noise,defiantly noise coming out from the under need the valve covers....mybe something is loose to :shrug: .
I start the car yesterday and let it idle and that noise start to be match louder, for shore something is wrong, I mean there is no way the car should be running like that,I don't care what VT is saying or my mechanic,I know what is tolerable I bean around a cars long enough.
Bottom line is the car is going back in the shape firs thing tomorrow,either Alternative auto or Livernoise motorsport.
I'll keep you updated what happened.

Warrior 102 said:
...Bottom line is the car is going back in the shape firs thing tomorrow,either Alternative auto...

I would give Lidio a call back, explain the situation to him, and have him take a look at the car again before going anywhere else! Alternative's reputation is among the best, they very rarely "screw things up" like other places (FWIW: I have yet to read about even one horror story about Lidio's shop). G'luck!

:cheers:

COBRA90GT said:
I would give Lidio a call back, explain the situation to him, and have him take a look at the car again before going anywhere else! Alternative's reputation is among the best, they very rarely "screw things up" like other places (FWIW: I have yet to read about even one horror story about Lidio's shop). G'luck!

:cheers:
Yes I respect Lidio to, I know that hi is stand up dude,I am defiantly gonna talk to him about that.
When I talk to him about cam installation he teal me that my car is first that he gonna perform cam & valve springs installation,he teal me thy done that with heads out when thy was putting the motor together but never like this,
so am wondering thy did this right or not:shrug: I don't want to bad mouth the people before I know the complete situation.
I am gonna talk to him tomorrow and see what hi gonna say,I hope every thing gonna turnout O.K

like I said in teh other thread.. my car also makes extra noise after the cams, it's normal to an extent. I dont hear it when my hood is closed though. in your other video it definately sounded like something was up.

Sounds to me like severe valvetrain issues. I'd would'nt even run my car if it sounded like that, I mean, it kinda sounds like valve lashing, or whatever. I dunno that just seems horribly wrong to me, but i'm still new to the 4.6, dont know enough to judge, but i've never had any of my stangs sound ANYTHING like that from the engine.