Camaro's and T/A's running there mouths

• Sponsors (?)

a buddy of mine has a 94 camaro lt1, and we raced I beat him by 4 cars. I have a 98 gt(bolt-on's/gears) with non pi heads and I did it. My car run a 13.8@101. I really think you can do it. Lt1 autos run mid 14s at the most. That ls1 has to be an mid 11 sec car stay away from that.

I've played around with a few 2000-2004 CBR600s and they would only pull out 2-3 car lengths and then id start reeling them in but Id have to let off before I would get to pass them do to my 4.10s, those are gone so I have way more top end pull.

This 93 is gonna be a joke I know Ill put 3-4 cars on him easily by 120, plus he not the best rider so it might be even more.

I think Id hang with you pretty good. Those bikes trap mid-high 120s. One thing Ive noticed is that a bike trapping 120 isn't the same as a car trapping 120. The reason I say this is my friend in his 03 Cobra trapped 124-126 in his Cobra and he would race bikes trapping 130-135 and he could beat them from a 60-120 roll. He wouldnt beat them bad but it would always be by 1-2 cars.

I dunno man, I put 2 cars on my buddies blower 97 cobra, and he makes probably around the same as you, and I raced another friends turbo notch and he only BARELY walked me (and that car is 550whp/600rwtq@3000RPM lol)... racing bikes and cars is dangerous though, so be careful and :Track: ;) ;)

lt1 cars, are most of the time mid-high 14 second cars stock with the average everyday driver. pi gts tend to run about the same with the average everyday driver. ill go and say ive raced a number of lt1 cars with my stock npi gt, and rarely lose. now since the blower is on (5lbs of boost isnt much) i havnt lost to one. infact one of my buddys happen to run 13.4 at 105 and i had him by a car most of the race...:shrug: the ls1s suck because they arent very torquey at all. i test drove one before i bought the stang, and laughed because it wasnt any fun at all.

I ran a 14.1 @100 last time at the track with horrible 2.3 and 2.4 60' times. I have made a total of 6 passes with my car now and my worst run to date is a 14.3 so my times are pretty consistent. I would say my car is prolly a 13.8 car with dr's, the car has some cheap tires on it from when i bought it that are getting replaced in the spring. So i feel i can drive fairly well, just have a lil trouble hooking up.

I have a few buddies that think their lt1 camaros and firebirds can walk all over me. One is a 94 auto z28 with a catback, the other is a 97 firebird also auto completely stock. Both of them think that they will put several cars on me in a race, i just simply smurk at them and shake me head and let them think what they want but my point is does anyone else have friends or know ppl that think our GT's have no chance in hell against LT1's and that their car is GOD! Also have a buddy with a 00 ws6 with a claimed 400hp that can beat vettes, cobras, and even vipers, must of been the beers talkin that night. Also i plan on running these cars we just haven't had the chance to line it up yet.

The LT1's you may take down, but the LS1 is gonna murder you. Even if you beat the LS1, you are only beating the driver and not the car...some people have fast cars, but are slow drivers.:nice:

Its all in the driver in every race. If the cars are within 5mph or .5 of each other, a single error can change the whole race.
EXAMPLE:

Ran my buddy's 2001 Z28 with following mods:
*Pacesetter Lt's, true o/r x and dumps
*Lid / Intake
*Shift Kit
*Tune

All done on a closed track. He had traction issues as did i with my crappy Sumitomos but i didnt lose a single time and had the advantage of working the clutch in 1st and 2nd to fight the traction issues. Went from a dig 3 times and i would be out like 4-5 cars and we would shut down on the straightaway before turn 2 :D at about 120 . Only time it went decent for him was a 25mph roll where i was SOL and had to immediately shift into 2nd and he stayed 1/2 car out til about 120. Should have seen the look on his face when we got back. Couldnt believe that a bolt-on GT could jump out and stay ahead (2-4 cars) on an LS1. BTW he's not a great driver but with an auto it doesnt matter much. Should have videotaped it so the LS1 guys would actually believe me. He posts on here though so maybe ill get him to reply for verification.

Hey 04GTmustang.. I gotta say thoe, i love the color of my bike.. its the satin blue (its that off blue color) and that is tight that you beat a Cbr1000rr.. my friend was HELLA talkin sh** about my 636 and how his smaller cbr600rr would take me or be right there with me.. HA, that was a great night.. i beat his a** to the point i thought he was a car with one headlight... :rlaugh:

Sad, but i am selling the 636 now.. i really want something else.. Like a house.. lol iam trying to move and i havent had any luck trying to sell it.. :notnice:

yea the 636 is a great bike man. I am about to put a bottle on it to and spray a 30 shot.

i dunno how some of u guys are beating bikes though that trap in the 130s with just superchargers. on a bike though it really takes someone who knows what they are doing. bikes arent like cars if u dont shift at exactly the right point on a bike even if its 1000 rpms lower u will probably trap 2-3 mph lower. but i have yet to be taken by a car.

KB GT tried from a roll and he didnt come within 10 cars of me. he traps 92 in the 1/8th and is probably around 400rwhp.

Its all in the driver in every race. If the cars are within 5mph or .5 of each other, a single error can change the whole race.
EXAMPLE:

Ran my buddy's 2001 Z28 with following mods:
*Pacesetter Lt's, true o/r x and dumps
*Lid / Intake
*Shift Kit
*Tune

All done on a closed track. He had traction issues as did i with my crappy Sumitomos but i didnt lose a single time and had the advantage of working the clutch in 1st and 2nd to fight the traction issues. Went from a dig 3 times and i would be out like 4-5 cars and we would shut down on the straightaway before turn 2 :D at about 120 . Only time it went decent for him was a 25mph roll where i was SOL and had to immediately shift into 2nd and he stayed 1/2 car out til about 120. Should have seen the look on his face when we got back. Couldnt believe that a bolt-on GT could jump out and stay ahead (2-4 cars) on an LS1. BTW he's not a great driver but with an auto it doesnt matter much. Should have videotaped it so the LS1 guys would actually believe me. He posts on here though so maybe ill get him to reply for verification.

It's true but my cleanest run was the 25 mph roll and remember I accidentally bumped it into second at 3k so that kinda f'ed me over aswell. Your car at least hooked better then mine and pulled really strong down low so you would get a huge jump on me during the spinfest, but I would start reeling in the upper band. Definitely the strongest bolt on GT I've seen seeing as how it would still have been a good race if my car wasn't spinning so bad (and the Z28 is no slouch, it ran a 12.8 @110).

I dunno if Alex has told you the story about what happened on Sunday morning though. Remember that tire I said looked a little low, well I checked it on Sunday and it was at 11psi (the rest were at 30psi)...I couldn't find a puncture anywhere so I'm not sure wtf is causing it. Oh well I'm not running again till I put new tires on though (soon), after that we need to head out to HRP.

It's true but my cleanest run was the 25 mph roll and remember I accidentally bumped it into second at 3k so that kinda f'ed me over aswell. Your car at least hooked better then mine and pulled really strong down low so you would get a huge jump on me during the spinfest, but I would start reeling in the upper band. Definitely the strongest bolt on GT I've seen seeing as how it would still have been a good race if my car wasn't spinning so bad (and the Z28 is no slouch, it ran a 12.8 @110).

I dunno if Alex has told you the story about what happened on Sunday morning though. Remember that tire I said looked a little low, well I checked it on Sunday and it was at 11psi (the rest were at 30psi)...I couldn't find a puncture anywhere so I'm not sure wtf is causing it. Oh well I'm not running again till I put new tires on though (soon), after that we need to head out to HRP.

Yea traction was a big issue for you i could tell. i peddled it in 1st and 2nd but with an auto you dont really have that option. Would be fun to run on DR's but the next time we'll all be going out to HRP, thats for sure. Lets see if i can muster a 12 second time slip on DR's.

Yea traction was a big issue for you i could tell. i peddled it in 1st and 2nd but with an auto you dont really have that option. Would be fun to run on DR's but the next time we'll all be going out to HRP, thats for sure. Lets see if i can muster a 12 second time slip on DR's.

Honestly I think you can, your car is very quick especially for a bolt on GT, traction issues aside it still would have been close. BTW, If you hit 12's then we're gonna have to have a race to the 11's, don't forget I still have that Zex kit and I just saw someone selling a used set of DR's and Twisties for $60 on LS1tech muahahahah.

On a side note: I'm just happy Alex and I didn't have a blow out and end up as red marks. :lol: