Cammed, Or Confused. Help?

Mrlilwheeler

Oct 30, 2017
I got a 94' Mustang GT, with the 5.0HO.
Shorty headers, off-road xpipe, & two flow masters (dumped.)
I was told it has an aftermarket cam, but sometimes I find it hard to believe.
Here's a video:

• Sponsors (?)

I'm not sure it really matters.
My guess would be no, stock valve springs float pretty easily, so it would start to break up in the higher rpm range.
But in the end, a cam does nothing for stock heads and intake and you can never take a previous owners word on a cam during a build, so the reality is that it just doesn't matter.

Note* This was a slight cold start. When the car is fully warmed up, it goes to the 600-700rpm range, & sometimes it'll lope enough, to rock the car to the left & right side. I get questioned about it every time.

Note* This was a slight cold start. When the car is fully warmed up, it goes to the 600-700rpm range, & sometimes it'll lope enough, to rock the car to the left & right side. I get questioned about it every time.
You should check your engine mounts, they may need to be replaced. I bought a Mustang from a guy that said "it's an all stock engine but the previous owner put a custom cam in it". It kind of sounded like it too, turns out it was a stock cam and the engine had a slight vacuum leak to make the idle "lumpy". Besides, an aftermarket cam in a stock 302 is not anything to brag about, you're still get'n spanked by a STI every day of the week.

Reactions: 1 user