cams

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure what you mean by "too big". You may need to upgrade your valve springs, I would contact Trick Flow and ask them. Long duration with lots of overlap is what usually causes trouble (hurts low end power, causes high emissions, may cause piston to valve clearance issues). Stock PI intake lift is listed as .535 in Sean Hylands book. He recomends .550 lift for an upgrade and says the stock springs are OK. Still I would as the mfr.

The lift is more than I would run with stock springs and retainers. You will need a good set of springs and retainers to run them. You will need to check the PTV clearance on any cam with more than 225 intake duration.

If you are talking about the "Stage 2" Trickflow's, they are intended for use with the new Trick Flow heads.

To my knowledge, they won't work with non-fly cut pistons (valve reliefs), unless you are using the Trick Flow heads, which allow for larger lift and/or duration on a stock PI motor with the Trick Flow heads.

If you are talking about the "Stage 2" Trickflow's, they are intended for use with the new Trick Flow heads.

To my knowledge, they won't work with non-fly cut pistons (valve reliefs), unless you are using the Trick Flow heads, which allow for larger lift and/or duration on a stock PI motor with the Trick Flow heads.

I have personally talked to TrickFlow, the current TF Cams are for PI Heads, they are working on cams for their new TF head.

The cams will work without valve reliefs cut into the piston if installed at 114 intake centerline.

I have personally talked to TrickFlow, the current TF Cams are for PI Heads, they are working on cams for their new TF head.

The cams will work without valve reliefs cut into the piston if installed at 114 intake centerline.

Thanks for the clarification. When I heard that they won't work with factory heads, it wasn't long after they had just come out.

I imagine you would be giving up some power installing them at a 114 centerline in order for them to work without reliefs though.

Where did you get that info? It is 100% wrong...

Factory cam lift specs:
NPI-> .461 lift intake .466 lift exhaust
PI-> .504 lift intake .531 lift exhaust

woah... hold the flaming but here... u want specs from factory here ya go...

PI ---> (1999-2000 windsor specs)Intake 12.86 mm (0.51 inch) Exhaust 13.56 mm (0.53 inch)
(2001-2004 Romeo specs)intake 13.00 mm (0.51 in) exhaust 13.75 mm (0.54 in)

NON-PI --->(1996-1998)Intake 12.0 mm (0.4724 in) Exhaust 12.0 mm (0.4724 in)

Those are factory specs if you want to be exact there killer...NOTE: Ford specifies all these specs "Theoretical Valve Lift @ Zero Lash"

woah... hold the flaming but here... u want specs from factory here ya go...

PI ---> (1999-2000 windsor specs)Intake 12.86 mm (0.51 inch) Exhaust 13.56 mm (0.53 inch)
(2001-2004 Romeo specs)intake 13.00 mm (0.51 in) exhaust 13.75 mm (0.54 in)

NON-PI --->(1996-1998)Intake 12.0 mm (0.4724 in) Exhaust 12.0 mm (0.4724 in)

Those are factory specs if you want to be exact there killer...NOTE: Ford specifies all these specs "Theoretical Valve Lift @ Zero Lash"
He wasn't flaming, just correcting you. And he's still correct, what he wrote down is accurate , and domestic cams have inch measurements std.