Camshaft help

FoxGT87

5 Year Member
Aug 1, 2009
St.pete FL
Hey I am having a really hard time finding a camshaft. Comp cams told me they needed to know my compression ratio, I honestly didn't think that that mattered in deciding what cam you need. I'm looking for a decent idle, decent low RPM performance but i want it to rev and make power up into the 6,000 rpm point. Am i asking for too much or are my goals achievable with OTS cam?

I called anderson ford motorsports and they told me that their N-41 cam would be my best bet.

engine combo

stock shortblock
180cc cast iron heads (had been decked slightly)
1.6 roller rockers
TFS track heat intake
70mm Tbod
87mm pro-m MAF
CAI
24# injectors

i got a T5Z trans and 4.30 gears in the rear end. with the gears in the rear i would like the engine to rev a little higher so i don't have to shift into fourth gear in the 1/8th mile. as of right now I am way out of my power band if I don't shift into 4th but I feel like I go slower if I do shift into 4th.

Does anyone have any input on the N-41 cam?
Can the TFS cams help me achieve what I'm looking for (they all say make power to 5,500 or so I'm looking for a little bit more)

thanks for the help.

• Sponsors (?)

Okay, so do you have an idea of what OTS camshaft would be a good idea for me to use?

heres a link to the specs on the N-41 from anderson ford motorsports http://www.andersonfordmotorsport.c...ategory_id=193&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1

is this going to be the cam to get me to my goals? again this is my first engine build and I definitely need help on choosing this piece. To me it seems like the camshaft is the most complicated piece to the engine. there are a lot of numbers and variables that I just do not understand completely.