Can I take a new m3???

LawlessJay

Aug 31, 2006
A guy I know just bought a new M3. I want to know if I have a chance or will he crush me in the quarter. I have 07 gt, 355's, shorty shift ,cai, exhaust, pretty much stock though.

• Sponsors (?)

You better watch out, the M3 runs 12.7 stock.

I suggest you get out the credit card and start ordering some goodies:

Twin Turbo kit
Drag slicks
Stroker Kit
Forged Internals
Built rear
Nitrous

Then gut the car down to nothing but bare metal and the driver's seat, weld in a 6 point cage and you won't have to worry about that pesky M3 anymore. :D

less he supercharges or turbos it, them things are nasty. If i ever do anything with the 06 in terms of trading it, it will be for a 03-06 m3 comp coupe *drool*

Yeah, I wouldnt count on you winning that race.

My old boss has a 2002 or 2003 Denon Stage 3 M5, but he did some other stuff to it too. It's a beautiful car and put out over 400 RWHP N/A. Thing sounds wicked and hauls some serious ass.

Just remember, if you bought your Mustang new you paid ~$27K base and he paid ~56.5K base. Where would your Mustang be if you spent ~$29K on mods. No embarrassment here, that’s for sure. It’s all a matter of dollars.

After 4 years in Europe driving their cars, I'll take a Mustang, Camaro or Corvette over their cars any day of the week. I am absolutely not impressed by any of them when comparing them dollar for dollar to domestic sports cars.

:flag:

I alomst bought an older M3 convertible (2003) but decided i wanted a new 08 Mustang instead with a warentee for that kind of money. I love my mustang but i will tell you one thing, those M3's are so easy to shift and drive you would have to have some great tunes and be a really good driver to even keep up with a novice racer in an M3.
No fear of a mis shift in that M3 that for sure. Drag racing that car would feel like a leisure sunday drive in a Mustang. But the mustang sounds waaaaaaaaaay cooooler. :flag::cool:

Ehh, M3 drivers all look like either young douche bags or old dudes going through a mid-life crisis. I'll stick to my Moostang :p

I know exactly what you mean. :rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh:

Man i have some stories about a guy that use to come into Circuit City all the time to have us work on His...what a Donkey...we did some nice work and he paid us well but the request he was asking were unbelivable,

The M3 runs 12's and is a fine handling car. Surprisingly, perhaps, here in the UK we have had some defections to Saleens from the ultimate M3, the CSL and one guy who sold his Saleen (with 500hp), bought an M3 CSL and a year later bought his Saleen back. Why? Because the M3 was too easy to drive and never really called upon any skill, it was no challenge and as a result, in most scenarios, a little anodyne. Rather like the new Nissan GT-R, some cars get too good and forget all about fun and the challenge.

Anyway, the answer is no. I have the 2002 edition of MM&FF where they tested the 03 Cobra and Camaro SS and both their times were slower than the M3s best quarter.